What Brand are your contact lenses? How old Are they?

So what brand & their age? Would you reccomend them? Mine are 6 years old! I have no Health care or money for medical/dental needs! I'm wondering if you can read Fine print with them in? Or need special ones for that? I need my contacts for Far away but if they're in I can 't read Fine Print. What do you do? Its too drastic for me to only have one in & one out!! Thank you for any Kind Replies!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 1:46 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Health

• I have Day and Nights, Bausch and Laumb. You wear them for 30 days and then throw them out and put on the next pair. I don't follow guidelines though, I keep mine forever. I recently used the last pair and had to break down and buy new ones. It's around $200.00 for 6 pair. I also have glasses, so that helps.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Mine are Acuvue Advance. You wear them for about a month (taking them out at night) and then toss them. But, I always wear them for as long as I can. When they start building up yucky deposits on them, I throw them out.
    They only cost me about $23/box (3 pairs in a box, if you have the same prescription for both eyes).

Anonymous

• I have Acuvue Oasys. I absolutely LOVE them. They are extreamly thin. They are continuous wear 2 week lenses. Even at night. I wear them longer than that. I will wear a pair continuously for about 3 weeks without removing, even at night. They don't get all sticky in the mornings or anything. I don't even know they are there. I have probably gone 4 weeks before just because I forget about them. It's almost as it I have had laser surgery, they are so low maintenance. I never buy contact solution or rewetting drops because I never use them. I never use a contact case. They are either in my eye, or in the trash. They are very expensive though. About $400 for a year supply. But well worth it to me. (thats why I extend a 6 mo supply to about a year lol)
    Anonymous