My husband and I have benn married for 3 years now. We love each other dearly. When we first got married I don't think he was fully over his ex-wife. I say so because when he was talking on the phone with her "I Love You" sort of slipped out. He says it was an accident and I said I forgave him. This was 3 years ago and I believe he is over her now and am almost 100% sure that he is totally in love with me. I just can't get over the fact that he said that. How do I truly forgive him for

He doesn't talk to her anymore. We don't even live in the same state. I just can't get over it. I don't know how. They have 2 kids together and were married for 12 years...She cheated on him and that's why they divorced. Do you just get over someone like that?

Asked by MooseNPeanut86 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• I am the worlds biggest skeptic...and I believe him. My husband say I love you sooo much it just rolls off of the tongue...I would give him the benefit of the doubt. If he wanted her ..he wouldn't be with you!!...she is a cheat anyway!! who needs that?

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:04 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I once almost let it slip while talking to my boss.... Just habit. Definitely doesn't always mean anything.

Answer by nobakecheezcake at 3:11 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• It is way past time to get over it. It was a long time ago and it was almost certainly force of habit.

Answer by happySAHMmomof2 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2008