what should my 5 months old be eating?

I feed him breastmilk and little things i eat apple juice oatmeal but he doesn't like baby food so much is this ok??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He really doesn't need anything other than breastmilk at this age. If he doesn't want baby food then wait until he is older to introduce foods and stick with just breastfeeding.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:06 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• At that age all he needs is breastmilk. If he's showing all the signs of readiness then you could start to offer small, soft bits of whatever you are eating, avoiding foods that are common allergens(peanuts, etc.)
    Also, I would avoid giving him juice. It's not necessary and it fills up his tummy.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• at 5 months he needs breast milk. Period. That's it. Solids shouldn't be started until 6 months and then it should only be IMMEDIATELY following nursing. Not 30 minutes later, or an hour later. RIGHT AFTER. That should continue to the first year.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 2:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I agree with all the PP.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 3:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2009