to go along with diamond mammas question

ok my daughter is going to be 10 and weighs 95.she doesnt eat anything.shes been to a nutritionist doesnt eat any soda or chips i make her lunch everyday...(easter was hard)she plays soccer and tennis and swimming..(just for her weight)its costing us a small fortune and she doesnt want to do tennis anymore and didnt make the travel team so soccer is out next year...i dont know what to do.but i can see her gaining and gaining...any ideas.and maybe it can help the rest of the moms...

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 1:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• Is she going threw puberty, that could be why she's gaining, talk to her and ask he what sports he could want to try, maybe do walking or running together.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Did her doctor say she is over weight? Kids do sneak food you know..Especially if you are depriving her of things.

Answer by louise2 at 2:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• she cant be sneaking if we dont keep it in the house...we have fruit and she eats those 100 cal snack packs...i dont deprieve her i just dont let her go over board...
    Anonymous

• Girls on the run!
    My sister is the leader for our kids school. It is a group of girls that train for 5k runs. The youngest girls are in third grade. It teaches girls endurance and is a fun time.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I love Girls on the Run, but our school's only starts at 5th grade and my dd is in 4th. Great thing, though. Try bike riding, scooters, rollerblading, walking together (my dd walks w/my 3x a week in nice weather.) My kids are also in a fantasy camp which combines roll playing and physical activity. They will start fencing in the fall.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:54 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Uhhhh, I was 100lbs at 10 and 5'0. I don't know how tall she is but she may be OK. My period started at 11 and I thinned out a lot.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 2:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Can I ask if she was breastfed or formula fed?
    Anonymous

• This is going to be a bizarre question, but how often is your child #2? If your not getting enough natural fiber/water to drink your body cannot flush out toxins and is actually a beginning sign of gluten intolerance. Normal #2 2-3x a day.
    I always had a problem with bread/pasta, I just did not know it. I did many sports (track, volleyball, softball and soccer) and worked out all the time-to keep from gaining weight. I did not realize, until after my first child that I had a real problem. It caused me to balloon up to over 300 lbs. My doctor told me to cut out breads, pasta & other starchy foods (that weren't whole grain). In 1 1/2 years I was down to 175 and maintained that for 6 yrs and 2 more pregnancies and have recently started gaining again because of job loss/being able to afford the food I can't eat and my 8 year old seems to have the same- I have been watching her gain as well.
    Joy282

Answer by Joy282 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• How tall is she? When I was in 4th grade, I weighed 77, 5th grade 95, 6th grade, 112 . . . and then I gained a few pounds before I graduated. I graduated at 118. I am now 30 and still have some baby weight to lose and I'm 127. She is probably just going through puberty. I was never fat in high school at all . . oh and I'm only 4'11''.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• good grief, cut her some slack. She's 9 and hasn't gone through her growth spurt yet for adolescence. She'll be fine. If she bloats up after watching what she eats then take her to a doctor but wait until she's a teen. Who takes a 9 yr old to a nutritionist? Common sense could tell you what they tell you. Do you have some freakish thing about weight that is making her eat for comfort? Ease up on her.
    Anonymous