Sick of management and office work... but I want to go back to work - P/T... suggestions?

I've been in some kind of financial/office management for 20 years.... I'm burned out TOTALLY on office environments. I can't even stomach the idea of putting up with one more office drama... I haven't worked in 17 months. I like being at home... but I want to do something part time. Any suggestions on jobs that allow you to move about freely (don't have to be tethered to a desk), and don't require you be a salesman.... I hate that. Throw out some ideas for me; I seem to be blocked on ideas.

PaceMyself

Asked by PaceMyself at 2:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• Hi, I work at UPS as a preloader. It is a four hour commitment every morning m-f. Anyway all you really have to do is to load everything correct for ur driver. They also have awesome insurance benefits and tuition assistance for employees and their families...great part about it is that you do not have to go full time for these benefits!
    rennisance

Answer by rennisance at 7:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Maybe you could substitute teach. You only work on days you want to work, if they call you.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I am in the same boat! I've been in the insurance biz for 17 years. I wanted a complete "CHANGE" something completely different. My criteria was: something fun, (finally!), no drama either, I wanted to make the same or MORE (of course) than I have been. I want to be able to have lunch with my friends, and work when I want to.
    I couldn't find any "office job" with that criteria. SOOO>>>> I've done a few different things. I started selling Scentsy last year. ( The fact is - a good selling product can make you more money than any office job ~ SALES, is the top income maker out there). I am now a Director - in one year. Less for some others. I've never looked back. I am almost at a full time income and I will quit my f/time boring job.
    Scentsy is only 5 yrs old, so we have more potential than any other out there.
    My web is http://www.scentsy.com/6401
    My email: www.allscents@yahoo.com
    My cafemom has info also
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 2:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Try this... I want something fun, without a lot of responsibility (sick to death of being the buck-stopper), I don't care if I make as much as I did before... of course $$ would be great... but not necessary. Something just for fulfillment and satisfaction. Hell, maybe I'll be the Greeter at Wal-Mart!!
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Hi, I have a stay at home business that I love. I can spend as much or as little time as I want . Work when I want to and the people involved with this company are great. Message me if you want more info. I think you will like this. And the money is awesome.
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 5:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• You have lots of choices, sometimes it can seem like to many. Since you don't want to be tied down I would suggest a business over an at home job. I work with a company called My World Plus. I love it. There is NO selling, No parties, No meetings or inventories. Basically it is a discount membership program that offers you cash back or discount shopping at 600 stores like walmart, Target,Kohls,best buy, etc. So I save tons of money on shopping, but the real money comes from referring people to the website. People love the website because they save tons of money at places they are already shopping. It is actually a very fun and easy business. http://AmmyWilkins.MyWorldPower.com Good luck finding something.
    zipitty

Answer by zipitty at 7:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• ME TOO!!!! I hated the drama and my blood pressure actually seriously rose by being at work. I quit two years ago and started a business that I LOVE!!! I have a business with a skin care and wellness company. Quite frankly this is the last thing I ever thought I would be doing. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be doing something like this - but you can't beat it...love the products, I get out once to twice a week - I choose not to work on the weekends, that's my time with my family, nobody tells me what to do, it's my responsibility. I do not keep any inventory, I just have what I use. I am telling you....that was the best move I ever made...my whole family us much happier!!!
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 8:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Sorry, Zipitty, I checked it out.... it does not offer WalMart, Target, Kohls, Best Buy or any of the other retail stores in my area..... There were TONS of coupons for hotels in the area.... but I don't stay in hotels in the town I live in. LOL There were a few for KFC, but not Whataburger, Venezia, Carino's, Chili's or any other restaurants I frequent. Not worth $70 initiation fee plus $20 a month... I'm looking to make a little money... not save a dollar here and there on fried chicken..... sorry, but no thanks...Thank you for thinking of me though. I appreciate the opportunity to check that out.... I forwarded it to my SIL who lives in Houston.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 8:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Have you heard of Gold Canyon? I saw their candles, Homeology line at a home party and fell in love with the candles. If you would interested, contact me and I will mail you some information.
    Anyone who joins GC this month can get the kit for the cost of shipping... They pay the first payment and shipping and when they meet the sales goals for their first 30 days, they get re-imbursed the first payment and are only paying the $10! This is the best price I have seen for the demonstrator kit in all the years I have been a demonstrator!
    You can email me at rmcorns@gmail.com
    Visit my web site at mygc.com/mariannecorns
    Looking forward to helping you.
    Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I think you must have missed the section with all the good stuff. You found the coupon section it sounds like, which has some good offers. But that's definitely not the best part. The online stores are the same no matter where you live. If you want to see what stores are offered click on the product tab at the top, then scroll down to where it says #3 cash back shopping, and click on the blue link. I know your probably not interested in saving money, but don't just view it as a saving program think of it as a business. Many people out there want to save money. Believe my team has grown by over 1400 people in the last 45 days. I just thought I would try to clarify things. If your still not interested that is perfectly fine and I wish you the best of luck finding something will enjoy:)
    zipitty

Answer by zipitty at 10:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2009