inlaws...................................

my mother in law is controlling. she tries to control everyone and everything around her. i think we both tolerate each other pretty well. i respect her as i should for who she is. the weird feelings didnt start until after my husband and i got married. she actually did not even talk to me at all that day and i have no pics with her at all. there was an argument the night before between my sister and my sil and she called cussing about it at 12am technically the day of the wedding. i was pissed. i almost called dh at his bachelor party but i said F it who cares. so the whole next days she said nothing and i feel she treats my kids differently then her daughters kids. my dh has acknowledged this as well and has said things to them about the kids. I just told him the other night how i think they feel about me. how would u handle it? anyone else going through this? im justg going to keep tolerating her and my 2 sils i guess

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• im goin thru the exact same thing. sit her down and tell her that u want to hav an important convo. that means no rude comments no snarky remarks etc etc. tell ur dh hes gotta go with u to get the point across. if its her son tellin her it might be different. my mil treats my sils kids lik queens and then mine lik shes the 5th wheel. it pisses me off so i needed to get the stuff off my chest. she told he shell hav to think about all the stuff we said to her. she seemed upset but i was so mad i didnt care. she needed to know the truth. if my sil gets jealous cause her kids r getting treated the SAME way as my dd shell get over it. her kids r no better than mine.
    Anonymous

• Been there done that. Did the talk, didnt work. Mine treats her daughters kids way better than mine. Ive learned to take it as it comes. If she does something i dont approve or disagree, I let her know it. Its her responibly to have a relationship with her son and grandkids. Took me a long time to understand that lesson. Nothing you can do really. Try to make the best of it. And I also belive that Mothers and Daughters will stick together rather than Mother in Laws. Its a shame my own Mother passed when I was young. I was hoping for a better Grandmother but it never came. So when Im a Grammy I will make sure I do the right things. Hang in there!
    Yebbers

Answer by Yebbers at 3:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2009