How much would you pay for this Silver Ravenwolf book (if you were interested in buying it)?

Ok, so I would kind of like to get To Ride a Silver Broomstick. I have the Teen Witch, Stir a Magic Cauldron and the BOS,and I like some of the things she has in her books (not all though lol). Anyway, we live in a teensy little town that actually has a "used" book store (but some are new, I guess). It's tiny lol. Anyway, last time I was in there I actually found Cunningham's book for the solitary and got it. While there, she tried to sell me this old copy of Broomstick, which I politely declined. It wasn't even in "acceptable" condition, I don't think. It was yellowed, curling pages, old, etc. Anyway, I'm considering getting the book and I'll have to drive like an hour to get it anywhere else (can't order online because we need the credit card for bills). If you were going to buy it, how much would you be willing to pay for that copy? I'm thinking like $5 lol. Oh, and she was trying to sell it for $17 I think lmao.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 2:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had to dig through my packed up box of books here (we're moving) to find out how much To Ride a Silver Broomstick cost LOL It's 14.95 so that woman is trying to rip you off. Unless your buying it in canada in which case it sells for 22.95. LOL

Used book stores, should not sell anything above retail obviously, unless it's some type of speciality collectors series maybe where it would be worth more down the road. I think you need to find another used book store to frequent. Or maybe see if she'll lower the price down to something you are willing to pay.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 3:14 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Broomstick and Cauldren have a lot of the same stuff in them, just so you know.

You might think about a Scott Cunningham book or Raymond Buckland instead - both are wonderful resources. Silver's great for the beginner, but repeats herself a lot, so I'd more recommend her for a younger (teenage) crowd.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I've got Cunningham (as I said) and I'm looking for Buckland, but haven't found anything I want yet for a decent price.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:47 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Amazon has some used Bucklands for around $5-7 a piece. Not bad considering it's a $30 book, LOL.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Ha, just read the credit card part, LOL.

Yup. I'ma ditz . . .
    jennijune_21

• I get all of my books from the library. Until the kids stop coloring on everything there's no point in trying to keep a collection.
    CrazyMom5480

Answer by CrazyMom5480 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Our library doesn't have a single book on the subject, nor do the libraries in surrounding areas. I've checked up to 40 miles away and nothing at any library.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• That's what I'm going to try. A new woman (the one I talked to that day) took over that store a while back and she's VERY anti Pagan, so she's trying to get rid of all of those books (they used to have an awesome selection before she took over), which she only has about 4 left of (she has things like dream interpretation included on that shelf of things she wants to rid her store of *eyes rolls*). So I'm planing on going in there maybe tomorrow and telling her that there's no way she's selling that book for that much unless some idiot, desperate for ANY book on witchcraft (probably to piss off a parent) comes in there and doesn't know any better. Then I'll tell her that if she really wants to get rid of it, quote me a new price and if it's acceptable to me (around $5) then I'll take it. If it isn't, I'll tell her I'll give her no more than $6 or $7 (haven't decided yet) and she can take it or leave it, but that book isn't
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• (continued) moving without an idiot coming in.
    Mrs.BAT