I need some Help with Chore and Responsiblity Charts

Does anyone know where I can find them on the Internet for free.My kids our terrible when it comes to chores. I have 3 kids my oldest is 15 she is so good with everything but chores.She holds a 3.9 GPA and is a Cheerleader and other sports.My son he is just flat Lazy he is 13 but can't get him to do anything without a total melt down from me.And them Victoria who is auctually my niece but she is now 6 and I've had her since 11 months.She is whinny and thinks she rules the house sometimes.I'm at my wits ends.They all think this is Mom work and they shouldn't have to do anything.Or at least that is how I feel.I don't want them to do allot but I think they should have to help out they live here also.And it teaches them responsibility.It is to late? Should I just give up and do it myself.Please help..Thanks a bunch..Do you have a Chore chart?

Melodys_Song

Asked by Melodys_Song at 2:47 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • I dont know where you can get one online, but it is a reasonable thing to do. We had a chore chart when I was a kid. Since they do have extracurricular activities, limit the chores to 2 or 3 things a day. Like one person could empty the kitchen trash and wipe out the sink. The other could empty the bathroom garbage and clean the mirror. The other could vacuum and clean the toilet.... you get my point. Responsibility is never too late, and an important asset for them to have when they are old enough to live on their own.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 2:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• This is how you get them to do there chores. No chores no privileges

Answer by louise2 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I used my Excel program and made one by the week and justed saved it. Each week I printed a new one. Then, I would save the old ones for 1 month. At the end of the month, if all chores had been done in a timely manner without me having to note anything on the chart, there was a "bonus". We worked out a system where they would get +'s and -'s if the chores took too long or they were not done to satisfaction. These were then tossed and a new month began all bright and new.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• http://www.successfulfamilychores.com/Chore_Charts/

http://www.paintedgold.com/Organize/free-chore-chart.html

http://www.ehow.com/how_2038304_chore-chart.html

Here are some links to free printable chore and rewards charts for your family. Remember to include anything you NEED done and feel your children can handle. The 3rd link is an E-how article and it is very good and helpful!!!!!
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• There are some on the web but I bought one for $7 at Target and it works great!! My kids are 12 and 10 and they get to determine what their allowance is each week by how many chores they do. The most they can earn in one week is $10. It used to be really hard to get them to help around the house but now, they can see what they earn, they actually do more to help out. It's work out really nice and I would recommend it to anyone I know.
    surferwifeof3

Answer by surferwifeof3 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Take there stuff away, ipod, tvs in their rooms, laptops, everything. Make them earn it back doing thier chorses. Create a list in my house my oldest 15 - does the kitchen on even days and my son does it on odd days he's 13. On even days my son sweeps the floors and vacuums the living room, and on even days my daughter does it. On wednesdays they each clean there bath rooms. On fridays they both dust the fans and coffee tables and I do the kitchen and all floors. So I do all chores friday and sundays they help me throughout the week. When daughter got lippy about chores around 13 everything extra she had i took back. Makup, ipod, cd player, laptop, cell phone. They want the extras they need to earn them. now she wants gas money, so its easy to get her to do her chores.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 6:52 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I made on on my computer using a calendar and just put a few things in and also they had days off noted. I would also include activitys that we had planned, including the night i would watch my fav show so i was all spelled out what was going on. It worked for a bit. now i have to guide them thorugh everything and threaten to trade em in
    debmom07

Answer by debmom07 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I don't know where you can find the charts, nor do I want to. The only one need a chart is you. Put it on paper tell them what they are going to do. Make sure there are consequences that will occur if the chores are not done. I have a 14 year old son. He's at home by himself till 8:30 p.m. Chores are not done when I get home, I sit and watch him clean up. When he finishes we go to bed. Then on weekends when he says momma can I, I give him that look and say, you can answer that for yourself.
    domiano124

Answer by domiano124 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Offer insentives,make chores a house rule-not a choice.MY teenagers receive allowance depending on which chores are completed to my standerds and are done when told.
    LeannasMom409

Answer by LeannasMom409 at 10:02 AM on Sep. 8, 2010