Where can I go to get a cheap working washer and dryer

I am moving and have been looking on craigslist and on freecycle but can't find anything. I'm really needing a washer and dryer and have looked everywhere online I can think of. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might check? Please help moving on the 1oth!

hotmomma3915

Asked by hotmomma3915 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Shopping

• Maybe call some dent and ding places. A lot of times you can buy appliances that have a dent in the side or a tiny scratch for next to nothing because the larger stores can't sell them that way. We have one in our area that a lot of people use. Maybe call around and see if there is one in your area.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Other than Craigslist and Freecycle, there is word of mouth (let friends know you are looking - usually someone knows someone who might know someone) or the local newspaper.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Also, if you can't find anyone selling that in the newspaper, you could put an ad in the local paper about wanting to buy one.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• look for repair shops that also sell refurbished ones. try your local paper, keep checking craigslist and free cycle. You can also put an add up with how much your looking to spend to see if anyone responds to you. Also try to find discount stores, you can do scratch and dent cheap.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Look in the newspaper and also you might have a local paper for people that sell things. We do here. I got a 22 lb capacity washer and dryer for $150 for the set. they worked awesome adn when i got my new ones, I actually sold them b/c they still worked so well.
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 2:53 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I got a cheap dryer at a local household action. Watch your paper for listings.

momfourboys

Answer by momfourboys at 2:55 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• call your local rent -to -own and ask them if they have any cash and carry I bought one before for $150 10 years ago and still have it lol

Anonymous