So you say your ok with gays but

the true test is how you would feel if your own child was homosexual. Couls you handle that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Sure could. When I say I'm ok with it, I mean I'm ok with it.
    Anonymous

• I would love my child no matter what. You can not help who you fall in love with and if so happens she does fall in love with a girl as long as they treat her right and with dignity and respect who am I to judge her. She is my daughter and no matter what I will love and support her even if its a hard pill to swallow.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• YEP!
    Would I want my child to be gay no. Why because of the danger he would face everyday for being himself. I love my children with every fiber of my being. I want them to have an easy life so I would prefer that they were straight so I didn't have to worry about them being ridiculed or hated or abused or even killed for living their life.
    BUT if one of my boys was gay I would love them the same and be proud that i was their mother just the same as I would if they were straight.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I would respect him as well as his boyfriend and their decision. Or her and her girlfriend. I love my children, and nothing can change that. So long as they are being treated well by their SO, then I will stand by my child and support the relationship.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Though I would rather he not be gay....I would love him and accept him for who he is no matter what.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• nope I will not allow it at all I will still talk to them but they will never bring around their lover I do not take my kids to church every week to teach them the bible just to have them disobey it

Anonymous

• We teach our boys that you love who you love.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Honestly I wouldnt want that for my sons because of the ridicule and plain old nasty ways of others but if this is what either of them wanted I would be behind them. The world will already have a million nasty hateful things to say to them. I feel the least I can do is be there and be a supportive mother and lend a shoulder. It would be hard and I would be sad Im sure but my job is to be their mom and love them unconditionally.
    BusyB-Mommy

Answer by BusyB-Mommy at 3:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I would accept that they same way I accept it in my friends.
    Mommyto1DD

Answer by Mommyto1DD at 3:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Anon I hope for your sake it never happens but in order to remain in your childs life you would have to learn to accept it or they will leave you out of their life. It would def. be a hard pill to swallow but sometimes you have to do just that. Especially with your children.
    BusyB-Mommy

Answer by BusyB-Mommy at 3:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2009