Diaper rash

okay first of all NO BASHING.........the doctor 2 weeks ago gave my dd nyastin well that didnt help at all...so iv tryed bomax(Sp?) it help a little but now this rash is still there.........and nothing working
my son was allergic to the cheap diapers untill he was 1yr and now he 2 and not alergic to them anymore....

Should i change her diapers?

and if so what is a good diapers with my son i had to use Huggies

Mamaof2010

Asked by Mamaof2010 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try 7th generation diapers or cloth.

Anonymous

• I don't know aboput the diaper thing but My daughter has very sensative skin and I could not find an ointment for her until someone recommended Triple Paste (sold at wal-mart or target) and it's the best thing I've ever used!!! It's a little more expensive but really.. when it comes to your baby, you need the best if that is what it takes! Hope I helped!!
    sxc_mami1

Answer by sxc_mami1 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Destin Night Time, it's in a purple bottle. It worked wonders for my little boy! And Pampers Swaddlers are the best diapers for sensitive skin, they aren't plastic feeling, more soft. I would try those. If the Swaddlers don't fit because they only make them up to size 2 or 3 then just try a different Pampers.
    TiffysBabies

Answer by TiffysBabies at 3:16 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Well if they were allergic to cheap diapers and then you started putting him in cheap diapers I would def. switch back to namebrand, i've used pampers since day one and have not had a problem with th em....Also I would just make sure youre giving him a bath once or twice a day ....I would suggest not using wipes for changes and instead use warm wet paper towels ...then pat dry with a soft towel ...and if your truly daring let them run around without a diaper on for a few minutes and then put on diaper cream. Bacteria loves dark wet places so you need to keep it as dry as possible!! I would be changing their diapers all the time.
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 3:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• IF it's a yeast rash, try an OTC athlete's foot cream. Worked for my dd when the Nystain (sp?) stopped working. If it's a yeast rash changing diapers won't help. If changes the diapers helps, then don't worry about the yeast rash cream :)
    Anonymous

• well she only 5months and pampers and luvs and she still has the rash
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 3:27 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• When my kids got any kind of rash I would give them a bath in the morning then let them crawl around naked all day. Being clean, dry and no clothes on helped so much!! I then gave then another bath before bedtime and made sure they were totally dry before getting them dressed for bed. I used Huggies and sometimes Pampers but I liked Huggies best. Luckily my kids didn't have many rashes at all. If I had to go out during the day, I made sure they were totally clean and dry and then put a diaper on but as soon as I got home it would come off again.
    surferwifeof3

Answer by surferwifeof3 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2009