He's acting weird

for 2 weeks now when my guy comes over he's on the computer on youtube, or playing nintendo, I confronted him twice on why he's not spending time with me , but he still does it and I don't know is this normal, is he just comfortable? It's all the time, he wants me and my son to just sit there a watch it with him, and when I don't want to he's mad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Take the game and computer away. Its your house right? Tell him okay were going out and not just sitting here. Either he can go out with you or leave and go to his house to play on the computer or the nintendo
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I brought the Nintendo to his so he could play there, but when the weekend came he brought it back, sometimes I just want to smash it
    Anonymous

• you paid for it sell it you need to know were you stand

Anonymous

• Okay first of all, he needs to grow up and if he doesn't then you have to. There is a child in the mix, somebody has to advocate for that child and my hope is that it will be you, the mother. If your guy goes to you to spent time with you, then let it be all about quality time, watching him playing nintendo or whatever is not quality time. You are better off alone spending quality time with your child then trying to make a boy behave like a man.

I bet you when he wants sex, he can put the keyboard or the remote down for 5 minutes. You deserve better and so does your child. There is so much I don't know, he could be the father or not, but it doesn't matter, put yourself and your child first and let the chips fall where they may.

You have enough work raising your child, you don't need to help your guy to grow, let him do that on his own at his own time, but don't waste yours waiting for it to happen, focus in your child.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 3:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Sounds pretty immature and selfish to me.
    Anonymous

• While the outlet may be immature, what he is asking you to do is have "shoulder to shoulder relationship" with him. Most woman dont get it. We tend to think of time together as face to face conversation, men can sit and watch tv or play vido games, never actually talk to eachother and consider it bonding. Men bond through shared experiances, woman through verbal conversation. A study was done were they would send two strangers of the same sex in a room that had two chairs seated next to eachother. The woman would turn the chairs to face eachother, the men would leave them were they were.

So, I say, spend some time just sitting next to him. But make it clear that you need him to meet you half way and give you the interaction YOU need as well.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• what i would do is something else. i would get a hobby, another interest, spend time working out, in the garden, take an art class. see how it goes once you're too busy to notice he's not spending time with you as much as you'd like. when you pester guys about this kind of thing, you push them away. focus on yourself, and appreciate the relationship for what it's worth. OR, dump him and find a guy that wants to spend more time with you. you can't change a man.
    aprildrake

Answer by aprildrake at 6:54 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• If you have talked to him about spending quality time together and he's still just playing the game then it's time to find someone else who is "interested in you and your son". There is someone out there for you both. He sounds very selfish and immature. Do you really want that around your son? I hope not.

To the person who says "...just sit next to him?? What are you thinking?? Of course men and women are different but that doesn't mean he can treat her or her son like they are a nobody.

You have to think of what's best for your son and you first. He is obviously not interested in making you happy or even interested in listening to you. Don't settle on someone who doesn't have your (or your son's) best interest at heart.
    surferwifeof3

Answer by surferwifeof3 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 13, 2009