Anyone else annoyed with baby clothes sizes?

When my son was born 0-3 months were almost already too small. He was 7lb 6oz and 20 inches tall. He skipped 3-6 months all together. He barely wore 6-9 months. At 6 months he was in 9-12 months, and now at 7 months he's wearing 18 month clothes! He's in the 25% percentile for weight and 50% for height. Thankfully we got A LOT of outfits for him, however, I love putting him in sleep suits becuase they're so much easier and more comfortable for him to wear, especially in this crawling stage! And one sleep suit is like $10-15 dollars, On sale. I guess I didn' t know it would be like this! And the way the economy like it is, it's hard to buy new clothes for him every week! If I have a little girl next time, she'll be wearing a lot of blue and a lot of clothes with trucks and cars on them! =) Sorry, I just had to rant!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All 3 of my kids were never in the month size clothes they should have been in. My DD is 17 months and in 24 months. 18 is too small and 24 months are just a tad big.
    Anonymous

• My daughter was 8lbs 13 oz at birth and 22 inches and wore 0-3 month old clothes up until she was almost 3 months. She wore 3-6 months for maybe a month and skipped over 6-9 for the most part. I think she wore 2 pairs of jeans out of about 20. She is in all 12 to 18 month old clothes. We have 9 bins full of clothes in our attic and most of them are brand new because she grew out of them and we moved as well when she was 2 months so she missed out on a lot of her 0-3 month old clothes. We bought her $1500 worth of clothes with our tax return up until shes a 3t.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I hate that they are all different depending on the brand. I sorted all by size then found out that newborn in one brad was the same size as 3-6 in another brand! So frustrating. Try garage sales. Good cheap clothes there. :) Lucky, my dd has been a slow grower and at almost 2 she still wears 12 and 18 month clothing.
    Anonymous

• My son was born 8 lbs, 3.9 oz, 20.2 inches long, and even the newborn 0-3 month stuff was too big. He was in 3-6 month sleepers when he was born! I can't get the sleepers to fit on him anymore because the arms are too short on them, and they don't fit him right. I just use onesies these days, and pants if it's chilly!
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 3:15 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I agree. My older two boys were both 22 inches when they were born. They always wore sizes at least two sizes bigger than their age.
    My youngest is smaller and he fits into clothes for his age. And the doc is always telling me he in in the lowest percentiles. They should make clothes that fit babies.
    What really drives me crazy is when people give kids clothes they should always give a bigger size than they think we will need. Because at least if they can not wear it immediately at least they will be able to at some point. I should say that we are always grateful for a gift.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My daughter can still wear some 9 month clothes, but most of her are 12 or 18 month. She is 14 months. Her Easter dress was 18 months, but it was too big. A 12 month would have been too small. My niece is 10 months and her Easter dress was 18 month too. She still has some 18 month clothes that are way too big so she can't wear them now. Target here had a pack of three zip up sleepers for $9 a pack.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My son wears bigger clothes than his age too... but my son is big for his age... he's almost 9 months, 22 lbs and 29 inches and is in 12-18 month clothes.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• my DD is ten months old and her clothes sizes range from 12 months down to THREE months!!!! It is annoying. I read that you couldn't find sleep suits for less than ten dollars. If you have a Target near you, you can get baby clothes cheap there. I bought sleepers for my daughter there for $5.99 each. They also have tops and bottoms for $4.00 each there in their house brand, Circo.
    rachelsmommy78

Answer by rachelsmommy78 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• lol.. i hear ya mama.. JB was the same way.. he is 30pds 17m old in 3t pants and 3t shirts.. his belly and head are my problem areas.. PLUS his feet are so darn fat..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• it's stupid. my son is just 9 months, and outgrowing 12-18 month size. he's 30 inches tall and just under 20 pounds, so he's not super huge or anything. i'll be luck y if these darn clothes fit him another month.

jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2009