sleeping on my back!

hi im in my third trimester and this morning my husband told me i was sleeping and shaking as if i had seizures or something, and that i was sleeping on my back, could this have caused that behavior on my brain, since i heard im not supposed to sleep on my back in the third trimester?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You could have been having a dream. I slept on my back up until the day I had my daughter. Your body will let you know when its time to move because you need more oxygen. You could have been cold or anything. Did he wake you up?
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• yes he woke me up to kiss me goodbye he was going to work, but i dont think i was dreaming anything scary or to make me move like that, in fact i think i was talking to someone in my dream lol, and im not the kind of person that does a lot of body language to talk LOL.
    Anonymous

• Pregnancy does weird things to your dreams! I had crazy dreams up until the day I went into labor. However, you really should try to sleep on your side. But I doubt the two are related to be honest.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Generally the sleeping on your back rule is that you aren't supposed to sleep flat on your back ad a flat firm surface. A mattress is soft and your body isn't completely straight and flat on your back when you're on a mattress. Haha, if that made any sense to you at all.

If you're concerned try sleeping on your side. Or just watch and see if it happens again.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• If it were a seizure it would have been hard for him to wake you as a seizure wears you out and leaves you lethargic for the most part and confused. You could have been moving and didn't know it possibly laughing in your sleep and your body was moving. If you had a lack of oxygen your body would have moved or you would be showing sigs of it such as being tired, confused, headache and things like that. Sometimes you laugh silently and it causes it.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I felt like a beached whale, if I tried sleeping on my back.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• If you sleep on ur back there are like blood vessels or something that ur baby and organs would be laying on. The said like u would be smashing them or something. I know when I even try to lay on my back for a few seconds I start to fell weird and like not breathing as easy.
    Anonymous