Are you pro-life and against federal assistance like foodstamps for poor families?

If so, why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• What? Is this one question? I am pro-choice, and not against foodstamps. Everybody struggles at one point in thier life and needs assistance. As for pro-choice, I am a womam, and nobody is going to take my right away to choose. My body, my choice. Dont even attempt to tell me how to use it. But this post is dumb, as it is trying to get into a full on battle obviously.
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 3:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Thats a really good question. But im pro-life and i have nothing against people on public assistance. I'm interested in seeing the answers though.
    Anonymous

• spell check lol. I meant woman obviously!
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 3:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I am pro-life and against ABUSE of foodstamps. It is the attitude that the world owes them and laziness that I am against but for people who need them temporarily to get on their feet that is one thing. I believe they can do a few things: 1 Being to not give increases for more children. If you get on foodstamps with 2 children then that is your rate...you don't increase when you have another child. I am for people taking responsiblity but I have a heart and completely understand hard times.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

This quest was for those who are PROLIFE. Read it AGAIN.
    Anonymous

• I am prolife. I am for a foodstamp program that looks at the whole picture & has an ending date. Not an eternal supply. I believe that as women we often take the secure road, & if foodstamps, tanf, welfare, hud assistance, etc. allows us to have an endless supply then we have no reason to ever begin providing for ourselves, nor the aspiration to make ourselves better so that we attract men of good character that will love us, & also assist in caring for the children that we bring into the world.

Instead we have become a generation of women so desperate to love and be loved that obessive behaviors have caused us to take in men who promise love & a little warm body contact, & live literally off the backs of the woman. Meaning, they don't work, they don't do anything but carouse and eventually leave the mommy alone again, fending for herself and kids, and attempting to provide, so she must resort to government dependency.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 3:38 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• oh I thought it was asking if we were pro-life ??? Is there only a yes answer to that question? I thought this was a yes or no question? It seems like a pretty straight forward question.....

But maybe its a little too complex for you
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 3:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I am pro-choice, but personally against abortion for myself. I think there is a need for foodstamps in our country, as long as it is not abused.
    I don't mind my taxes being used for either one.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 3:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I am pro choice as long as it is within the scope of the Hyde Ammendment. I am supportive of a temporary government help up, not a long term handout.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Let me clarify~ pro choice for anyone, to each their own. However, It only believe in Federal Funding for those under the scope of the Hyde Ammendment.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 13, 2009