Do Initials Matter?

My husband and I are really liking a name for our unborn son (due in June) but the initials are N.E.H. and I just dont know I think of a horse everytime. It just scares me! Yikes!

Any advice?

Krissi041208

Asked by Krissi041208 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would not worry about NEH. That never would have occured to me.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• it took me a minute to get where you got a horse outta that. but now that i see it, it may be something he gets teased about, but at the same time, that is only if all the other kids know his middle name so i guess it would really depend on that. then again, if kids want to tease another kid then they are going to find something no matter what. as an adult, its not something i would notice if i saw the initials N.E.H. on someones office door or anything, and even if i did and the thought came i would definately not say anything, we all have something about our names that we didn't or don't like
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• not really to me. Though my DF wanted to spell Caleb with a K so his intials would be KGB (which never made sense to me lol.) but i won as it's spelled Caleb
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• it really depends on the letters.. I mean if it was really bad yeah... mine was CAR for a while. Yep CAR...
    but its ok ppl don't notice that as much as the names.
    like i guy was going to name his kid. Jack Me Hoff. YIKES
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I don't think it matters as long as you don't point it out to people. My initals are NEW.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 3:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• It's funny you ask this. My MIL wanted to name my husband Jason Aleen Perkins so his initials woud have been J.A.P. His grandma went haywire about it (she was alive durng WWII) so he is now named Jason Lee.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Lol, I don't think they matter.. :)
    Anonymous

• LOL. Only you Krissy. I dont think most people really sit there and think about the initials other then when you are little and I dont think most would put it together as a noise a horse makes. Im sure it will be fine and kids or people will always find something to make fun of wheather you give them a reason to or not. And Im wondering why you havent told me this name yet. LOL
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 4:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• we have to kids and another on the way.

we're doing K names. . .and I'm worried about peole going "k. k. k. hmm..."

so i understand about the initals. . .
    Anonymous

• No, I have had some strange initials. Before marriage I was VEW or as others looked at it, VW as in a volkswagen. Then I got married and now I am VES as in the soda (minus the other S). My daughter's initials are LOS. My sister-in-law is SOS. Who cares, thats my opinion...Except maybe if they spelled out KKK, I think I would come up with a different name.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 5:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2009