Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question is not about me: I am trying to figure out what kind of assistance

a single mother of two would receive in Missouri if they are not employed.


Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • I live in MO and was on state assistance for a little while... All she has to do is go to the local DSS office and apply for everything, she can also apply online. She will have to go to the Health Dept to apply for WIC. If she's receiving child support then she shouldn't apply for a check from the state, only food stamps... Go to that, it will help her through everything... GL

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • Have her contact the local wic and welfare office. She would qualify for both. Probably food stamps, cash or rent assistance and wic.

    Answer by brailynsmama08 at 4:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • She also should qualify for state insurance at no cost to her once she is on welfare.

    Answer by brailynsmama08 at 4:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2009