tanning bed rash

First of all, I know the risks i'm taking by tanning, and nobody's going to change my mind about tanning, so dont waste your time.

I started tanning last week, I think i've gone about 4 times so far. After the second time a red itchy rash showed up on the back of both upper arms. It's got little red bumps that turn white if squeezed/i put pressure on or around them. It goes away on it's own after a few days but when I tan again it comes right back.

I thought it might be that I didnt clean the bed well enough, so today when I tanned I scrubbed the crap out of it with a ton of the bed-cleaner, and the rash still came back.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be? TIA!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• It could be an allergy to the cleaner or you could be burning and its showing up that way. If you use lotion you might have an allergy to something in the lotion.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Maybe a heat rash??? do you use a lay down bed?? it could be from your shoulder laying right on the bed. try laying without that arm right on it.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• you could be alergic to the bulbs
    Anonymous

• it could be sun poizon
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 9:47 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I would go in less time. I went a few weeks ago, and found out that the bulbs were brand new . . too late. So, I got a little rash on my stomach. I will only go in about 8 minutes each time from now on . . at least until I have a tan.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• It could be heat rash. You arent allergic to the bulbs. Do they offer Stand Up beds at the place you tan at? Use that instead. Not only will you not encounter the chemicals they clean with touching your skin and other peoples sweaty butts on it but the air will circulate around you better and prevent you from getting over heated and getting a heat rash in the first place. Besides in lay down beds you'll end up with a white spot where your tail bone is if you don't rotate frequently which looks really stupid. I used to be too lazy to stand up in the bed but now I love it and won't use anything else. If your place doesn't have one find a place that does! GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Apr. 14, 2009