Suddenly feeling really scared with 1 month to go...

I'm almost 36 weeks and I took a breastfeeding class over the weekend and it seems to have triggered a lot of stress in me.... All of a sudden I feel really panicy and stressed. Seeing all the videos/pictures of the newborn babies and talking about how the first few weeks will go has totally sent me into a funk. I mean, I was totally aware before of what this would be like, almost all my girlfriends have had babies and I was feeling really prepared and ready up until I went to that class!! Is it normal to start freaking out right at the end of pregnancy?? Will I be able to get over this before she arrives? I hate feeling this way!

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 4:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I can not speak from experience since I am in the same boat as you (2 months away), but I am sure it has to be normal. I have recently been feeling the same thing. I have been telling myself each day, "don't worry about it today, just take one day at a time", because otherwise I (and you) am going to work myself up, and stress isnt good.
    I know that I am going to be doing tons of calling to friends who have kids, as well as reading What To Expect the First Year.
    IDK how to say this, but sometimes I think that it is a good sign when we are worried a bit, because it shows that we care enough to worry. Some ppl I have come across do not even care about what to do to raise a baby. So, I tell myself that sometimes a small amount of worrying is a good sign. lol. Anyways..Good Luck! I am sure you will do fine!
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 5:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• You will get over it. It is overwhelming to get all the information at once. Take a breath and calm down. Your body knows what to do and once you have the baby your body will tell you what the baby needs if your breastfeeding. It is perfectly normal to get the last month cold feet but once your baby is born you will forget all about it.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• calm down, when that baby comes you'll know what to do, but what are you most scared of? Just now feeling prepared enough?
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 4:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Yeah it is a lot of info to take in but when the baby gets here it will all come natural.
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I guess taking that class overwhelmed me with so many things I didn't know, and now I'm wondering about all the other things I don't know! My husband is so loving and I know he will be helpful, but I just know I'm going to be looking to him for his opinion on things and he knows even less than I do!
    I mean, my best friend lives around the corner and she has a 1 1/2 year old so she'll always be there to help me with questions, but my family lives so far away...I wish I had someone here. My mom will come for a week when she's born and will come back for a week or two this summer with my dad...I just hate that my husband and I have no family here.
    I guess I know this is all normal but it's nice to hear from others that are feeling the same way. Make's me feel a little less crazy! :)
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• omg that happened to me last week after my first birthing class, ever since then i've been freaking out about labor and stuff, i think its because we realize it's so close now, good luck!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:27 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• im due next week...the only thing you should be scared about is going over your due date because what you'll be feeling for the last 4 weeks wont be fun at all...

so just be scared about going 41 to 42 weeks..ur gonna feel pregnant FOREVER
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 5:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2009