• In the Spotlight:

How do I get the puke smell out of my carpet??

My son has been sick from taking antibiotics. He has been puking on everything. I have cleaned and cleaned and cleaned but the smell remains. What can I do?

CarieP

Asked by CarieP at 4:27 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

• resolve followed by febreeze
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 4:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I'd try some anti-icky-poo. It's a solution for cleaning up pet messes, but they originally used it to clean up crime scenes. I have dogs, so I always have some on hand. It works wonders.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 4:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I use Arm and Hammer baking soda, pour it on, let dry and vaccum it up.

I never heard or the anti-icky-poo though, and it does spark my interest. Where do you get it at?
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 4:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Natures Miracle. It is fantastic on ALL organic stains. Whether it be dog stuff or kid stuff...or Grown sons friensd who had to much fun stuff. It is a little high...but it removes the stain and the smell.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I recommend renting a carpet shampooer. If you've never done this before, you'll find that your carpet will improve overall!
    mshebel

Answer by mshebel at 3:35 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• after it is clean spray some odo ban i get it at Walmart it is 3 times better than febreeze
    CSRodriguez

Answer by CSRodriguez at 9:47 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I have a carpet cleaner and I have gone over the puked on area a couple of times. It looks nice but smells bad!!
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 10:10 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• when my daughter puked all over the couch..i used the resolve max stain remover spray and scrubbed..of course i unzipped the material off and washed it on a gentle cycle... lol just now realizing u said carpet!! sorry..try the resolve max stain remover on the carpet and then maybe a little of laundry liquid soap...flush it with hot water..hope this helps..im sorry u got a stinky mess
    KylonsMom

Answer by KylonsMom at 6:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2009