my 3 year old son always has his hands down his pants tuching his self is this normal at this age??

TMI but there are times he gets hard.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I hope it is my son is alomost 3 and the other day I walked in the kitchen and came back and he had his pants down playing with it.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 4:44 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• lol. my son age 3 plays with it ant chance he gets its normal there at that age my son sometimes pushes it in and says weres the pee pee? my dh hates that. its a thing for them and i tell my dh u still play with yours. and yes sometimes my sons "springs up" just try to make sure they dont touch the pee pee in public. (:
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• It's normal. It's like they're getting aware of it swinging to and fro so to speak. I used to tell my son that wasn't done in public. I didn't tell him to do it in his room or tubby, I just said we don't touch ourselves in public, if he is doing it around others. Even if he's not, just at home it's still an appropriate response. My son, from my response, didn't feel he was a bad boy for doing it. He then would just use his toys to play with.
    Anonymous

• Yes it is very normal, just tell him " this is something you can do in private" or something like that or he will do it everywhere LOL...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:29 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Very normal. Don't teach them it is BAD, but that they need to do it in private like their bedroom or the bathroom. My 2 year old daughter sticks her hands down her pants often too which is also very normal.
    Anonymous

• he's just finding out whats down there. my son will occasionally touch his in the bathtub, luckily i havent had any public incidents yet.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 8:47 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• my little girl is 4 and does it at first i freaked i thought maybe she was touched or something but then they told me its okay most kids will do it
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 10:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Needs to be explored in bathroom. Not something to do in public.
    Anonymous

• My 3yo does it too
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2009