do i go or wait

One of my best friends is having a c section tomorrow she has told me what time it is and all her mom is going to be in the room with her and no one else knows what time she is having him she said she didn't want everyone there (her grandma and the rest of family and friends) I asked if she wanted me to come in when she goes and she said she didn't care but i would be waiting a long time it takes an hour for the c section and an hour for recovery She is not the type of person to say No don't come or Yes be there.....So i don't know what to do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd let her know you'll be waiting at home for a call and will go then. If she's aggravated then you'll know to tell her you'll be in the ob waiting room.
    Anonymous

• I would just come to visit her after, because she's going to be in the moment.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 4:47 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I wouldn't go to be honest. You will not be allowed in the operating room and also she will be in recovery for a hour. If she wanted you to come she probably would have asked you. I would go up about a hour after she is out of recovery.
    Anonymous

• I didn't want any of my friends to come to the hospital for my c-section. Just my husband and the grandmas where there. I asked all my friends to come the next day to see me if they wanted . I would wait till later that day or even the next. Believe me after a c-section you really don't want visitors. I was groggy for a while after. Plus I wanted my husband and myself to have time with my son by ourselves. That is probably want she would like and doesnt want to come right out and say no.
    Anonymous

• When I had my c-section, it took about 1/2 an hour and then they brought me straight back to my L&D room right after. My family was there. Well afterwards I was so sick for 5 hours after. They had problems getting my blood pressure back up (it was at a 44/34) and was vomiting non-stop amd sweating buckets of sweat. I had friends come up and I kinda wish that they hadnt till the next day. I felt I needed to say sorry to them cause the whole time they were there, I was throwing up. I would maybe have her mom call you and see how she feels afterwards, like if she up for visitors. I hope she does not have the same experience as me. I hope it goes smoothly.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 5:26 PM on Apr. 13, 2009