For the overweight women out there, does your husband know how much you weigh?

I am pregnant, but even not pregnant, I am over weight, 235 lbs at my first prenatal, and I weighed in today at 275. I don't look as big as I weigh for the most part, at least I dont think so, and everyone that has taken a guess has guessed in the high 100's before pregnancy and the low 200's since I really started to get big and show. My husband is really really small (6ft and 150 lbs)He says I look beautiful and doesnt care, but when he has taken guesses he always guesses about 50 pounds less than what I really am. So I told him today that the Dr is concerned with me gaining so much and told him that I have gained about 40 lbs. so far and he thinks it is no big deal, really he asked me so what you are around 200-210 now, thats not bad. I dont want to keep a secret from him, but I am embarassed to tell him, plus I feel like a coward, but it is embarassing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My dh knows not to ask. I would never tell him anyway. Don't feel bad...women should have somethings that they don;t need to share with their dh's.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• weight......who cares? it's an irrelevant piece of information that only you & your Dr. need to know. My love has never asked or mentioned my weight, even when i WAS over weight. It's non of his business, unless you want him to know.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• my dh could be a weight guesser.. he's good. he will almost get it minus 2-3lbs. im a lil over weight but i also have curvse which dh loves he sees a skinny women he tells me they need a chesseburger lol. but im ok with him knowing. he makes me feel like salma hyek (sp)
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I'm perfectly fine with DH knowing my weight, and he does. It's not going to make him love me any less and it keeps our thoughts in perspective.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 4:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• PhotobucketHere is a pic of me, I know you cant see my head but you get an idea of how chunky my arms and the tops of my legs are at least.  Does it really look like I weigh almost 300 #'s?  Keep in mind I am 30 weeks pregnant too, but still my belly isn't huge.  This was taken earlier this month. I have a slight double chin, but really not bad at all, most pics you cant see it unless I am holding my head down.  I guess I am just getting really sensitive about this.

Anonymous

• I always tell my husband. I have been having trouble losing all of my pregnancy weight. I weighed a skinny 110 pounds when I got pregnant with my first. By the end of it I was 210! I lost about 30 of it before I got pregnant again with my second. I weigh 171 right now. It's a LONG, HARD process...it always takes longer to lose the weight than it is to gain it. I tell my husband my weight so that I cannot hide from it...it's out there...he knows it...and well, now so does everyone who's reading this! LOL! It helps me hold myself accountable. Congrats on the pregnancy! Has your doctor talked with you about ways to keep your weight under control? You should always implement exercise...even if it's just a 20 minute walk through the neighborhood. Good luck to you and again, congratulations!
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 4:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• You sound like me. I am 215 lbs post preg. I was 160lbs when my husband and i got married and not once has he complained. we even talk about it and when we do he always assures me that he loves me for me not the way i look. he is not embarrassed of me because he says my heart is what everyone cares about. your weight does not make you who you are unless you let it. I am unhappy with the way i look too but i don't let it run my life. don't worry about your weight while your pregnant. listen to what the doc. says and follow his orders. he may put you on a diet of some kind. i have never kept my weight from my husband. he also tells me that there is more to me to love and just because i am bigger than some women doesn't mean he isn't attracted to me. he would rather me be the size i am now than to look like a street pole any day.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:55 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I have talked to my Dr about it. I am one of those kinds of body typoes that can maintain my wieght fine but hard to loose it. I got on the depo shot after I had my son and gained 30 lbs instead of loosing my baby weight and have never been able to get rid of it. As for gaining so much this pregnancy I am at a loss, I crave fruit and eat that mostly through the day, nothing fried, and I dont like red meat it is all chicken or turkey for me. I have 3 kids already and chase after them all day long and I love to take our dog out for walks every night. My Dr was thinking I had GD but I got the test results back today and they are fine, pased with flying colors. I feel fine with this pregnancy, better than my last 2, and I have a ton of energy still, I love to stay busy. No clue why I am ballooning up like I am, and I cant tell it as far as how I am feeling that I am getting to big or swelling.
    Anonymous

• My husband was at the doctor's office at almost all the visits. He was there holding my coat and purse everytime they weighed me. He could care less. He loves me for me not how I look.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 5:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• my bf has been there at all my appt, he knows i'm prego and doesnt care, plus he likes curvey women, i just can't wait to have my son so i can work on losing the baby weight...
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2009