Leftover ham

Could anyone PLEASE tell me what I can make with all my leftover ham for supper.. Thank you

my4kids97

Asked by my4kids97 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

• you can make ham sandwiches or subs. you could also use it for breakfast(eggs and ham)
    you can put them in scrambled eggs. if you don't think you are going to eat it all you can give some away to family/friends who didn't get to make dinner.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My Dad made this mess once that I thought he was nuts....until I ate it....

He took some onion and bell pepper and saute them in a little butter....toss in ham and let it get warm....then he added all the left over mashed potatoes that he had...and a ton of cheese...

I did not say this was diet friendly....but, it was wonderfully out of this world, never would have guessed, good!!! We had some cornbread with it...and it was a very filling meal....

My dad is good at making crap up....and it always turns out very good....and I say crap...cause it's things most would never think to add together....but, he hit the jackpot with this one....We don't have ham often....but, when we do...I make a batch of this and still love it all over again....

kiwi91663

Answer by kiwi91663 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Potato Soup
    Bean Soup
    omelets
    chicken cordon bleu
    chef salad (bonus - you get to use up easter eggs too)
    grilled ham and cheese
    or just freeze a bunch of it so you can eat it next month when you're not sick of it anymore
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• split pea soup... YUM. if you're interested I'll get you my grandmothers FABULOUS recipe :)
    DaynaLea212

Answer by DaynaLea212 at 9:07 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I usually dice up the ham, simmer in a some water spiced up for about an hr (on low heat) and then turn the juices into a gravy and make some mashed potatoes or even rice and pour it on it...
    But depending the amount of leftover ham you could do
    sandwiches
    soups
    simply munch on it cold with a dressing
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:24 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• lay cressent rolls in a backing dish or pie pan put cubed ham on top some kind of cheese pour a couple of beaten eggs over it and cook about 20 min at 375
    CSRodriguez

Answer by CSRodriguez at 10:34 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Leftover ham hmm. We usually cut it up and freeze it for later soups, but for this week, we'll take the ham bone and make a big pot of beans and rice. The flavor is so yummy
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 11:40 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I usually chop it up and add it to potato au gratin or even mac 'n cheese. You can also dice it up to make fettucine carbonara with it. Yummy!
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 4:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I use what ever scraps from the ham and make a fried rice. This gets rid off all my leftover chicken too. Then I use the bone and make a soup with it. My kids love it when I add elbow macaroni and lots of carrots and celery into it. It is a great soup with a nice glass of wine and a big crusty piece of bread!
    hugorose

Answer by hugorose at 5:42 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Cube it up and Mix it with some prepared wild rice, mushrooms and broccoli, top it with a mixture of cream of chicken soup, mayo and a little mustard. Pour that on top and top with parmesan cheese. Bake.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 AM on Apr. 15, 2009