Sid the Science Kid?

This show comes on PBS Kids and my daughter loves it, but I cannot stand the characters or their voices. Normally I love anything that comes from the Jim Henson company, but this show drives me crazy.

WordGirl, on the other hand, totally rules.

sariejack

Asked by sariejack at 5:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Entertainment

• OH my gosh I thought I was the only one! I hate that show, I hate how they talk, I hate how they're animations don't match what they're saying, I hate it all! It's seriously one of the only kids shows I dislike so much... I hate doodlebops more I think though.
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 12:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I loved the PBS shows but now he watched all Disney. Some mornings I try to sneak in the word world or clifford or super why etc but our son (who just turned 2) says no mom baby! I try to convince him they are mommy shows & watch them anyway lol
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 5:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My kids love Sid the Science Kid and SuperWhy :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• OH man my 5 yr old loves superwhy, we even got so lucky to find a superwhy costume for last halloween. (he will still wear it every once in a while lol)
    jenniamigo

Answer by jenniamigo at 7:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I know what you mean, I really can't take May's voice, she sounds like she is about to cry. But my son loves it, and I usually end up singing the songs.
    missiedoo

Answer by missiedoo at 8:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• They can be annoying to me too--but it IS a great show. I love that they're incorporating some real learning into these shows.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• It's worth it for the educational elements. Beats the hell out of Barney any day.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 2:28 AM on Apr. 14, 2009