what reaction did you get?

when you told certain people you were pregnant?
my mom said 'lets think positive maybe its just a tumor & you aren't really pregnant' (i wasn't married at the time which was a big time no no)
my now DH 'felt' I was pregnant & when I told him yea I was he hung up & called me back 7 times & then said 'ok guess we r having a baby'
my brother refused to hear me say the words anytime I tried to tell him he said 'no its not real if you don't say it' & would run away (he thought that meant I wouldn't hang out w him anymore)
MIL asked why we were telling her I was having a baby

theheartbaby

Asked by theheartbaby at 5:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My mom all three times- though I know it's not what she was thinking- was very supportive and told me what i wanted to hear

first pregnancy= me: "I can't even take care of a cat" (sob)
    mom: "honey a baby is very different from a cat, you'll be fine"
    my current husband was not entirely 'ready" for it ( I'm workin gon my third, his first) but when the test was positive he told me "you know- I don't think i every would have been ready to make the decision, but now that it's not a choice I am pretty excited" he refused to believe it wasn't a boy though...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 7:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• dad- how far along are you 1 month, 2, 3, , me- 4
    MOM- how could you do this to me, I will never for give yo for doing this to my mother ( my Grandma)
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 5:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Wow, I'm sorry.
    My husband and family were thrilled. I was the only not thrilled and celebrated by having a shot of Jameson.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My neighbors were the first to know they were like "NO WAY! ok well i guess i get to keep that vodka"
    Then my mom- "you want me to pay for an abortion?"
    dad - ok what ever
    Bf - ok cool i guess we're havin a baby i want a boy
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 5:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I am sorry your family wasn't supportive. My mother was shocked because we were told I wasn't able to get pregnant naturally. But once the shock wore off, she was so excited. My husband had the same response. My father was just excited from the start. He was never shocked.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 5:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• When I told my dad I was pregnant with my 2nd child he told me I was stupid and ruining my life. When I told my brother his reaction was, "what, are you stupid or something?" I was 24, married and had a 7 month baby at home.

Thanks to those reactions I never talked to them about being pregnant again. My dad actually found out about my 4th child the day after she was born. Because he just happened to call me that day to see how the kids were. He had no idea I was pregnant because I knew his response would be, "are you stupid?"

Luckily my in-laws were always accepting of me being pregnant.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Sorry to hear your fam wasnt supportive. When I was pregnant with my first child I was only 16 and my dad was angry he went looking for the guy. When I was 26 and pregnant with my second I was too scared to tell him even as an adult. People didnt take it well at first but after the baby was born they warmed up.
    Anonymous

• Mom...are you insane? (I was 19 and unmarried)You need to get to a dr.(turns out, I was 19wks and three days)
    Sperm Donor...You sure it's mine? Blah, blah, my friends this and that blah blah.
    Dad...From behind me..Your pregnant? Are you sure?..I turn around...Whoa, I guess you are!(5mnths)
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• 0o0o my dad (who btw I was TERRIFIED to tell) was thrilled his response was 'alright I've always wanted to be a grandpa' & started buying stuff right away (after he called to laugh at my grandpa & tell him haha your old now great grandpa.
    My mom was just disappointed in me but once she saw the ultrasound she got excited we laugh now at her first reaction especially since our son is 2 now & she is obsessed with him. both my parents are best buddies with him.

my reaction was 'ok if I squint looking at the test its not positive' and then was in denial for a few days.

I just think its funy how some reactions were at first. looking back. of course my mil still could care less about him but that's her loss not ours. our son is the best thing to ever happened to us.

Things sure do change over the pregnancy time I just went through an old journal & went down memory lane
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 5:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Dang! I was the opposite: everyone else was thrilled to bits! With #1, I couldn't believe it. We'd been trying for a few months without success. The second I decided to travel with a cousin out of the country , had the "DH, we can pick this up when I get back"-speech AND sat down to book my trip, I realized I was late. Hopes of the trip = dashed; baby story had just started. And, #2 was a complete surprise. I was beside myself! (I also panicked because my son stopped nursing and I'd been out drinking with the girls a few too many times...) Here I was pregnant for the second time and my first son wasn't even 1! It took a few months for me to wrap my small mind around pending motherhood to a toddler and newborn. (I even told my midwife that I'd been drinking and hadn't known I was pregnant!) But, it happened and we've survived. When I think of it now, I couldn't imagine life any differently. My little dudes ROCK!
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 5:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2009