• In the Spotlight:

Clomid & breastfeeding

I have an 18 month old daughter. My husband & I have been trying to have a another baby for 6 months. We got Clomid to help me ovulate & we know there are no studies found the the med will go into human milk. I know there in no harm breastfeeding while your pregnant. My question is has anyone have taken Clomid while breastfeeding??? Was is a success & was the baby okay? Keep in mind I have a toddler so she doesn't get that much milk. Only before nap time. I am weaning her off little by little. Oh & I have started on the Clomid. Just waiting to ovulate.

Hope you can help me & share ur story. Thanks!

KarinaVivi

Asked by KarinaVivi at 5:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Hi, Im also on clomid and today is cd 17 for me so we will find out soon if it made us ovulate. Um Im not sure if it goes into your milk or not, can you ask your obgyn or your babys ped.? Oh and good luck to you, that would be great if it worked for us the first round of Clomid! :)
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 6:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Your OBGYN gave you clomid, while you are breastfeeding? I find that hard to believe. Why would you take anything while breastfeeding?
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 7:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Yes it was prscribed to me. People take birthcontrol & certain meds while they r nursing. I'm also on Synthroid cause I have a thyroid condition & the dr says its ok. They say my thyroid or the med could be keeping me from ovulating as well. The Clomid is taken for only 5 days.
    KarinaVivi

Answer by KarinaVivi at 1:12 PM on Apr. 14, 2009