Nuva Ring??

Anyone here use the Nuva Ring? I was curious about it, but I was wondering if anyone here has used it and if so, did you have any side effects such as weight gain, did it feel weird or did your partner feel it? What if you couldn't get it out? lol Scary.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I was on it for about a year, then stopped all BC to try to get pregnant. I loved it. My DH couldn't feel it at all, maybe at times when his fingers were up there. No side effects for me. The only downfall is that my insurance did not cover it. I started to pay over $50 a month for it, then said ENOUGH and went off all BC again. It's cheaper for us to use condoms :)

If your insurance covers it, go for it. I hated taking the pill and the NuvaRing worked great for me.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I haven't tried it but a good friend of mine did. I talked to the doctor about it and almost tried it. She said she didn't have any of those problems. Her husband never felt it and it was easy to get in and out.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 5:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I was oni t for a while. I kept getting mirgrans from it and then it fell out and that is how my first son was concevied. Oh, and the doc what the one that put it in.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 5:14 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I used it for 4 months. I didn't have an side effects. But it would come out after sex. Maybe I wasn't putting it in as deep as I thought I was. And then I saw this commercial about how Nuva Ring and Ortho Evra cause [insert condition here]. But that really didn't bother me...and I quit using it before I saw that commercial. I think I'll go back to the pill.

I couldn't feel it. My boyfriend couldn't feel it. And I hated having to dig it out.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I am on it and i love it. I have had no weight gain, no crazy hormones, nothing. I don't feel it and neither does my SO.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I'm on it since october 08. It's easy, you dont have to remember really just mark the in and out weeks on a calendar or something. It made my period's pretty much non-existant after a couple months. I think it makes some people gain weight but i didn't I'm just having trouble losing it. It doesn't fall out and we (bf and I) can feel it sometimes but it's not a big deal.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 5:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• A good friend of mine used it, and liked it...but she started having bad headaches from it. Also, ANOTHER friend used it, and hers was always falling out because she happened to have a wide set Va-jay-jay...so that may be somethng to consider. I have no idea how common THAT is.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 6:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2009