Does anyone know about allergies and bad escma in toddlers?

My son has allegies escma and asthma severly bad to where he had to be hospitalized at least once a month. I would like to know if anyone else has these problems and if so what do you do to help prevent this?

saniya08

Asked by saniya08 at 5:16 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Health

• both of my kids have all of those, but not to the degree that yours does. im sorry to hear that! is he too young for allergy testing/ prevention?
    kelinnh

Answer by kelinnh at 7:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My son, 6, has eczema and asthma...I guess they go hand in hand. He's been hospitalized many times, but now only when he has a severe allergy reaction, usually once a year. First thing, how often do you give him a bath? I would only do it once or twice a week. sounds crazy, but its a must for his skin. my son just had his 6 yr check up and the doctor said he'd keep to that schedule still. once my son was 2 we put him on pulmicort used in his nebulizer- fall through the spring, taken twice a day to help build up his lungs. last summer he went all summer without one asthma problem. this fall we tried not to have him go on it at all and he was doing really well until January he was borderline pneumonia and the albuterol did not help him at all so he's on pulmicort again until summer. but this has worked wonders for him. get an allergy test, they can do a basic one from their blood now.

Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 8:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• once you figure out thier allergens you'll be able to help decrease their problems. going to the hospital that much, is too much. after my son was tested, we found out he was also allergic to dust. now we do a weekly cleaning of his matress and spraying around the house and his exzema has improved 60%. I just never knew...
    good luck!!
    Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2009