What do you do when you get so mad at your kids you're about to snap?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• Kaylee is 11 months and learning how to push my buttons. Right now I just walk away, and I hope as she gets older I can continue to do that.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Go have a smoke- cigs
    Anonymous

• Go in another room and take a minute to catch your breath. if you have to put a cartoon on like max and ruby or franklin, dora, diego. something that will catch their attention(if they are younger) just take a minute for yourself. how old are your kids?
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 5:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• We both have alone time in our rooms for a little while. I put on music for her and I do the same for myself in my room. She plays and I either lay down or organize things. We chill out and then we go on with our day.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 5:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I usually put them in their rooms and close the door so I can calm down.
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 5:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• put on a movie to keep them entertained, put the baby inthe super saucer with some toys, make a cup of coffee and grab something chocolate and get on cafe mom and read questions about kids who are a lot more illbehaved then mine... or watch a rerun of supper nanny. LOL then I can breath and say.. OH>> I am not doing too bad afterall, and my kids are pretty good. Then I usually go and finish watching whatever movie with them.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 5:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• i ask my 11 year old to play with her brother age 3 for a few mins and i sit on the front porch and just breath ( i can hear everything going on in the house ) but i just need 5 mins to myself to relax and it works.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I'm the Original Poster and my kids are 11 months and 3. It's the 3-year-old that REALLY pushes mt buttons.
    Anonymous

• I usually cry!
    POMMOM335

Answer by POMMOM335 at 5:27 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Take a deep breath and walk away. My son can get very aggrivating at times, and truth be told, we are all human and eventually it wears on you. Especially if you're a SAHM and with them ALL day. Sometimes, I go into the bathroom and shut the door and sit for a minute. Other times, I tell him to go to his room and do whatever he wants until mommy calls him out.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2009