Do you let your kids go to sleep with loose teeth?

This tooth is so loose, it moves when he breaths through his mouth. He doesn't want me to pull it out, but I am scared it will fall out while he is sleeping.

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I let mine sleep with a loose tooth. Why not, I really dont think a baby tooth is a choking hazzard. My oldest DD is 16 and she has swallowed 2 teeth LOL... She was upset, not because she swallowed them, but becuase no tooth to put under her pillow for the toothfairy, yeah she still got her money though.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Have him bite into an apple.
    Anonymous

• no they have to stay awake until it falls out. it can be months sometimes...
    Anonymous

• He won't die if he swallows it. Let him be. If it falls out it falls out, if not, then not. I have swallowed the metal ball off my tongue ring while asleep. No probs.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I did that too, but I didn't pass mine. I needed surgery. And my parents didn't know I had a tongue ring because I was 15 and wasn't supposed to get it done. Normally, I would worry, but it is so ridiculously loose.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:41 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Have him eat something hard...an apple or chew on a piece of gum. He's not going to choke if he swallows it when he's asleep
    Anonymous

• Can you try to take it out while he's sleeping?
    Anonymous

• "they" say you swallow all sorts of stuff in your sleep (like spiders)...so i would think a tooth wouldnt be a choking hazard. i swallowed a tooth while sleeping & didnt have any complications from it.

just make him eat something that requires his teeth, apple being the best. it should just pop out no problems. if it wiggles when he breathes it shouldnt take much for him to lose it.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:55 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Yes, I let him go to sleep. He won't choke if he swallows his tooth. Many kids have swallowed teeth. Try to have him eat an apple or pear to see if it will come out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• It did come out. When he was brushing his teeth before bed it fell out. YAY!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:53 AM on Apr. 14, 2009