(I'm just full of quesitons lol) What next? Did my dedication, but where do I go from here? (Wicca)

So I did my dedication a few days ago. Now what? lol I know, there's tons of stuff and I'm still reading and stuff, I just don't know exactly what to do next. I haven't attempted any spells, really. I made "holy water" or whatever you want to call it, before my dedication and then I wrote and performed my dedication, but now I don't know what to do. I'm a little afraid to do a spell (not because of my inability or anything, I just don't want to rush things or seem disrespectful or something like that) or anything. Give me some suggestions, please, ladies! Besides continuing to read, I can't think of something. I guess I could try a spell for something. After all, isn't part of learning the craft practicing it? Blessed be! (Any suggestions welcome, except negativity such as, "Stop that devil worship!" and whatnot.)

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 5:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• There are many things and will that you will learn and continue too...
    Moon Phase/ Seasons / Sabbats
    Try a simple candle spell get the feel of putting one together the tools that you
    wil need... try a few writings, a blessing, a spell (even if you don't do it)
    If you are in an area to meet up with others that would be good too...
    Are you going to grow your own herbs? Start learning about the ones you wish to grow...
    Learn more of what different herbs are and their properties are...
    Color cordinate your work and days etc...
    I hope I didn't repeat others...lol...
    I am always learning and it's like I can't stop...lol...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Can't help you then, I am against any of that sort of practice, unless you are willing to not do that stuff.
    Anonymous

• I would suggest trying a candle lighting. If there is something in your life that you would like help with or maybe just do a meditation. Just a way to keep connected.

The first thing I did after my dedication was a candle lighting. It was simple, didnt take a lot of spell writing(and you can find online help if you prefer) and it was really a neat way to connect with the divine and my inner self. I believe it was a health related one.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 6:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I would suggest starting with some focus work, meditation and that sort of thing. Really helps to focus your mental energy when performing magick. Apart from that, it really depends on your individual path. I have read books suggesting that all practitioners study a healing art like crystals of reflexology and a seeing art like tarot or runes. I'm all for the healing arts but frankly I don't have much interest in trying to see the future!
    Anonymous

• Scary stuff your messing with.
    Anonymous

• Learn your moon phases, what corresponds with them. Learn a divination, tarot, pendulm, palmstry ect...
    Learn herbs beginning with healing herbs. Learn about the God and Goddess. Join a group either online or in person.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Oh yes anon 6:12, reading and meditating are very scary. Everyone should stay away from candles, meditation, reading, etc.! Aaah! Too bad you're a coward, hiding behind that nice little anon feature cm offers you.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I use tarot (not for seeing the future) to help focus on a situation. It's helped me a lot to see the bigger picture with things. I'm also studying meditation and trying to figure out what works for me. Thanks ladies.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Oh and I'm looking for a group. I've joined a few online, but they seem to be a little dead. I can't find one around here closer than 2 hours away :(
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:23 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Far from being a coward, I don't care to have stuff on my page that others would bash possibly. As for being scary stuff it is beyond just candle lighting and such. If you choose to do this, than go to town.
    Anonymous