Any ideas for fun games or things to do indoors for an 18 month old?

We used to go out for walks in the morning. But now that it's summer time, it's reaching 100 degree's rather quickly before we can get out the door, so I have to postpone our walk until late afternoon. But now I need ideas for fun things to do to keep my 18 month old occupied and happy. Any ideas?

vivaciousv17

Asked by vivaciousv17 at 3:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Water toys are a blast...put a pool in the shade and grab the hose...sit and spray the little one as they run by...what fun!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• STEP2 has the CUTEST waterwheel table that my son LOVES!!! He is 20 months old. It came with a few toys, but is the perfect height for him and he uses lots of other things. Check it out. I found it at wally world for the cheapest in our area...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4837277
    kaseysmommy1003

Answer by kaseysmommy1003 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• water is always a big hit.... you can always use the tub as an indoor pool... I still use that trick with my 6 and 7 year old. They both will get their suits on and hit the indoor pool, I mean tub. LOL, I've also have used some dry cheerios in a large bucket and let them play with it with some sand toys for their indoor "sand box" I didn't care if they ate it...as they got older I switch it to dry rice. It's an easy clean up too...just close the lid on the bucket and vacuum up the floor. Hope that helps :)
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 3:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Playdoh and crayons are great - you can use a different color each day to help teach him his colors and it's non-toxic so it won't matter if he eats any. Playing with it helps build fine motor skills and imagination.

If you make little balls of playdoh, he'll have a great time mashing them flat!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I have a 5 almost 6 year old step daughter, a 2 year old daughter, and an 10 month old daughter, so trying to find things to do inside was tricky. I was givin the idea of finger painting with the crayola invisible paint set, it works like the markers, only on the crayola paper, and its safe for kids!! I would also play hid n seek with easter egg's or there favorit toy, thats a great year round, any weather, game in my house!!
    2prettybabys

Answer by 2prettybabys at 3:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2008