what type of birth control should i choose?

i can't use the pill...doesn't work...and i'm planning to have one more baby before my husband gets snipped...so in about two years we want to try to get pregnant again...i don't know what i want...the iud kinda scares me because ive heard some horror stories...have any of you used the iud and if so did it cause complications? i think it would be the best option because its non-hormonal and and you can get pregnant right away after its removal...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• An IUD would be the best bet. Its all your personal choice. You have the pill, patch, shot and now the IUD which has minor issues if its the non medicated one. They have one that is good for 5 years and on that is good for 10 which has no medication in it. Choose what you feel is right for you.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 6:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I had a hard time with pills also. I have the Mirena IUD and love it. There are horror stories about everything. You have to go with your gut.
    I like the Mirena because now a year after it was inserted I get Very light periods...just some light spotting for three or four days, whereas before I had heavy cycles that lasted seven full days.
    I also like that there is NO thinking about contraceptives before we have sex. We used condoms for 10 years. Ugh! We could never be spontaneous.
    I have not had any of the scary things they tell you about in the pamphlets. And those things are pretty rare.
    You will make the right choice for you and your situation.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• You need to talk with your helathcare provider. I used the Nuvaring when I was having issues with the hormones in the pill and while it is the same hormones they are much lower and are delivered differently. I had a lot more issues after having my kids so I couldn't do anything hormonal and got the paraguard IUD and love it.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2009