the reason I stopped going to church

How many of you would let this stop you? I was going to a baptist church. At the end of VBS the kids were doing a show for the parents (singing and stuff) well apparently one mother who was not a church member came to see her child sing and she was asked to leave because she wore slacks (black dress slacks) and was not allowed to enter the sanctuary without a skirt. I don't want to be a part of something like this. I tink God is more worried about my sole than my clothes. I have not been back. What do we think religious mommies?

LuckyClown

Asked by LuckyClown at 6:38 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I wouldn't let it be a turn off from attending church, however, if you are uncomfortable with that church I wouldn't attend that specific one. Also, if it's your husbands grandmas church, I would definitely ask her to tell the preacher and the leadership team about the uncomfortable feeling and that if they want people only to dress a certain way, they need to have a paper sent home to let the parents know.
    qvmmommy

Answer by qvmmommy at 12:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• pardon my typos, I meant think and soul...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I'm not religious, but I wouldn't go back either.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 6:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I agree, sounds more like a cult! This and many other reasons is why I don't attend any kind of church.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I should add it is my huband's grandma's church- she keeps asking to take my kids with her and I just don't want them brought up like that.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:41 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I wouldn't go back either...that is rediculous
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• not that I do though...I have my oppinions on churchs in general but i wont go there
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• The church I grew up in had a thing about pants as well, but yet they tell people to come as they are. I think its stupid and had nothing to do with worship. No I wouldn't go back.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 6:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Yeah, I wouldn't go either. And that's why I wouldn't go back to the church I went to as a child. They had the same beliefs, but the men could wear jeans (yeah, I don't get it either). And if you were uncomfortable with any belief, why should you continue to attend and make them think that you did. Wouldn't that be lying and isn't that a sin?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• That is one of the many reasons why I don't go to church either! Also people in churches can be more judgemental then none church goers... That was the man reason why I left my mothers church... because people did nothing but look down on us and talk crap about us... Sorry but I don't want to be apart of a church were they say thats okay and just ignore them! No way!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2009