stretch marks?

how many of you have used or are using stretch mark cream to prevent stretch marks?
how many of you did it work for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I used every cream imaginable and nothing worked. It is supposed to run in families, andmy mom had them bad too so maybe I was destined to follow in her footsteps.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 6:47 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• i used palmers cocao butter for my first and i'm using it again this time. however i've had doc's say its more a genetic thing as to wether or not you get stretch marks, either way i didn't get them last time i'm using it this time just in case
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:47 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• i am using bio oil.
    but i havent gotten any so far.
    my mother never got stretch marks.
    so i think i wont either
    Perez18

Answer by Perez18 at 6:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• WATER WATER WATER....DRINK A TON OF WATER. YOUR SKIN NEEDS TO STAY HYDRATED ON THE INSIDE AS WELL AS LOTION ON THE OUTSIDE. Exercise helps too. Promotes circulation. Also, put the lotion on when you skin is warm (after shower or bath, or put warm washcloth on it before you put lotion on). Genetics do play a role but many moms didn't really try anything back in the day. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• i used it when im remebered and stretch marks do run in our family, at 32 weeks i got my first one and by the time i delivered my belly and sides were covered with tons. Lotion hasnt worked for anyone i know.
    CaityMarie

Answer by CaityMarie at 7:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Stretch marks are thinning of the skin and are caused by hormones. Topical lotion doesn't change the hormones that your body produces during pregnancy. The lotion is useful for itching during pregnancy and for lightening up the red scars after birth. There is no lotion that can prevent stretch marks from occurring, that is why it doesn't work on anyone.
    www.newmommyteesandjeans.com
    Mommyghee

Answer by Mommyghee at 7:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2009