Porn

How many of you are religious and love porn? Do you find it hypocritical to be a "god-fearing woman" and watch porn? Does your church allow the use of porn? Do you just do it "in secret" because you know all you have to do is ask for forgiveness? Do you feel the same way about prostitution??

legalmommy101

Asked by legalmommy101 at 6:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Notpanicking- Do you mind if I ask what religion you are? I'm just curious. I've been to several churches and none of them have thought the use of porn was ok. My sil is jewish, is taught that porn is a sin and she personally thinks porn is a sin. Just trying to get different view points from different religions on these two issues.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Whoa! this is a very loaded question... I hope your prepare for some people to get all bent out of shape and crazy on ya! I would say if I was religious then yes I would find it hypocritical and probably would do it in secret or I would stop being religious.... It really all depends.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:53 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I'm not a "god-fearing" woman but I feel that as long as the porn is between consensual adults and does not take away from the sexual relationship between partners (or replace relationships completely) then its ok.

I also feel that prostitution should be legalized (and therefore regulated).

ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:54 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Oh yeah, I go to a porn church. Hardcore XXXtians. We watch porn, we make porn, we are porn...

Haha.

Kidding. Not religious, don't mind porn. No help from me, sorry.
    Anonymous

• First of all the "I can sin all I want because all I have to do is ask for forgiveness" POV that people tend to have is a faulty one lol. God knows your heart and forgives if you are repentant. If you sin and know you are just going to continue to do it over and over again, one can speculate that you aren't truly repentant therefore aren't really forgiven at all. If you're truly sorry, say it, mean it and don't do it anymore. God isnt' an idiot and his grace isn't a "get out of jail free card" to be disrespectfully played around with.

My church frowns on porn. I don't personally watch it. It has little to do with my religion and more with personal preference (or lack thereof rather).

Do I find it hypocritical? Yes and no. If you can watch porn without sinning (lust, adultery etc.) then that's fine with me lol. Prostitution? Again as long as you're not comitting sin or causing another person to sin. Go for it.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:59 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My religion doesn't have a position on porn - it's a non-issue. And a church that has a position that a natural act is somehow evil is just one more reason I'd want nothing to do with it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:02 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• doesn't matter if it's your religion or not, it's still wrong, God says that sex is between a man and his wife, and to bring anyone in that is a sin. even bringing porn in, cuz you might as well be bringing someone in the bed with you. lusting after someone is a sin, and when you look at porn, it's lust and adultery.

NovemberLove took the words right out of my mouth when it comes to asking for forgiveness over and over again. God doesn't forgive you if you're not sincere about it
    Anonymous

• Anonymous, if it isn't against my religion, how can you say it's wrong because God says so? I don't believe in God, therefore it isn't wrong for me.
    Anonymous

• My beliefs have no position on porn. Sexuality is to be enjoyed and not ummmm feared(not sure if thats the right word).

Porn, if consentual, can be fun and can actually give you a lot of good laughs LOL. To each their own. I dont believe my Lord and Lady watch my bedroom antics or care too.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:14 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Yeah, I am spiritual, but I don't think that looking at porn is a bad thing. I am bisexual and for now the best we can do is bring porn in. As I have made clear before, I don't thin we have to ask for forgiveness. God knows why we are here and he knows what we are going to do before we do it. And prostitution should be legalized, IMO.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:14 PM on Apr. 13, 2009