Menstrual Cramping for 2 Days Straight?

Ok. So, I'm due any day now. For the past two weeks, I've had cramps on and off. At times, it was during the day and other days during the night. I went for my last check up and was told that I'm 1-2 cm dilated.

Since Saturday night, I have been cramping non-stop. I have no idea what a Braxton Hicks is....I don't know what a contraction is, so what is going on with me and what is this that I've been cramping for 2 days straight now?

I know they say that you don't call if the pain isn't bad enough to where you can still walk and talk, but everyone's pain tolerance is different and even my sister went into labor without realizing it.

Anyone experienced constant cramping, moderately painful, day in and day out....?

Is this normal?

momtoblake

Asked by momtoblake at 6:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im today.. and no matter what i do its here.. what can i do?
    1sttymmom409

Answer by 1sttymmom409 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I'm in the same boat. Not sure what to do. Do I go out and try to run and hop to get this party started or do I get back on the couch and lay down? When I lay down, it seems to get worse. Uhhhh....
    momtoblake

Answer by momtoblake at 7:02 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• okay well i know that with my first two I never really had the contractions so bad that like they say u can't walk or talk, i just timed them and when they got to about 5 minutes apart i went in. And i will say that i don't handle pain well at all, but like i said i never had them where they hurt that bad. so i just suggest walk if the pains get worse or closer together then call labor and delivery and ask them they will tell you what to do...
    pswife

Answer by pswife at 7:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Ok....that opens a whole new can of worms. Supposedly, the cramping is a contraction. Now, when I'm on my menstrual, I couldn't tell one uterine contraction from another. So, as far as timing them, I am so clueless. It would be so much easier if I had a tightening in order to time, but with the cramping, it just all seems to mesh together. If it is consistent cramping, how do you time that?

I'm so confused. And, I don't handle pain, AT ALL, but I do have a high tolerance.
    momtoblake

Answer by momtoblake at 7:53 PM on Apr. 13, 2009