Did you have the same feelings for your second baby as you did your first??

I love my daughter SO much and can't quite imagine that i could love another the same, though im sure its possible =D.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had severe post-partum depression with my first, so this whole feeling-giddy thing is new to me :)
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 7:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Yes i was the same way when i was pregnant with my daughter. I loved my son so much i didn't know how i could love another baby that much, but the second she was born and they handed her to me i knew. I love her just as much. I also just found out i'm pregnant again and am kinda feeling the same way as before but i know as soon as it's born i will love it just as much as my other 2.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 7:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• It is absolutely possible and your question shows a lot of thought and love for your first. You now know how much your heart can grow because you have experienced the kind of love with your first, love that will just bloom when you see your next precious child. You know what it takes to love and nurture when you are exhausted and overwhelmed, just a look or a little giggle and you are in love all over again. The heart is amazing, it can expand to love endlessly.
    www.newmommyteesandjeans.com
    Mommyghee

Answer by Mommyghee at 7:29 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I felt exactly as you do, I worried about it my entire pregnancy absolutely POSTIVE that there was no way I could feel the same about another. The second DS was born I realized how silly my feelings were. Your new love for your new child is MORE love, not love you're taking away from your first. Now they are 4 and 2 and I love them both to pieces, and they love eachother =) Your feelings are totally normal, but you'll see, don't worry. Plenty of love to go around.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2009