Doctor appointments

This week is my first appointment when the doctor has you come in every two weeks. I will be 31 weeks on thursday, and was just wondering if anyone knows when the dr starts doing other check up procedures? She usually listens to the heartbeat, and measures my stomach..but i am sure eventually she will start other things. Just curious..thanks! =)

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 7:26 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• at 36 weeks I had the strep test done and checked for dialation. Then at 37 weeks my doctor just checked the heart and measured me. Then at 38 weeks, he did the heart and measuring and checked dialation. Didnt make it to my 39 week appointment.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My dr always started checking to see if i was dialating when i started my weekly check up and that was at about 38 wks. They will most likely just do the same thing every 2 wks they have been doing and then change it when you start going weekly.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 7:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• well i can tell you that i just went two days ago for my 34 week and thats all she did. I was so mad i waited in the waiting room for an hour and then another 20 in the room and when she finally came in all she did was listen to the heart beat and measure my tummy (this took a whole 2 min) and then was like okay well see u in 2 weeks and then we will start seeing you every week. ughhhh i was so mad, i thought they would atleast check down there ya know....

Sorry i just had to vent....LOL
    pswife

Answer by pswife at 7:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• for me it was 36 weeks... they did an inturnal and strep b
    37 weeks an inturnal and an ultra sound to check anmoic fluid...
    tomorrow is my 38 week check...
    i m due april 25.......
    1sttymmom409

Answer by 1sttymmom409 at 7:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2009