sleeping alone help?

my apartment is a railroad apt. and has no door on the room we made my sons room into and can't get him to sleep in his room and own bed I want my bed back and my hubby needs to get sleep he goes to work at 3 am I really need some help!!!!

rayraysmom

Asked by rayraysmom at 7:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Go get a copy of "The No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley. It will help.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• How old is he? I would use the Supernanny method. Be consistent. Let him know that he needs to sleep in his own bed. Everytime he gets into bed with you bring him back to his own bed. It might be tireing for a few nights, but it will pay off.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 8:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• When my DD1 had trouble sleeping on her own, I'd hold her hand and stay with her until she fell asleep. It re-assured her that I was there for her when it's bedtime and she'd fall asleep quickly. It didn't take long until she was sleeping independently without having to resort to CIO or superbattles. Good luck.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 9:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I had to do the Supernanny method like one person said.. My now 2 year old started to sleep with my husband and I from the start and then with my husband over seas I stll kept my 2 year old in bed with me since he had a big change (daddy left).. Well between all that I had another baby. Well my youngest never sleeps in out bed at all he rather be in his bed.. for my now 2 year old
    we had to take him to his room and everytime he would get up we would take him right back to his bed. I even sit in his room and read him a book and he will play with my hair and next thing i know he is sleeping.. The first few times its hard but it will pay off at the end..
    DiscoveryToys09

Answer by DiscoveryToys09 at 11:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2009