How can I make more friends on Cafemom?

I signed up for Cafemom about a week ago and would love to meet some friends. How do I go about making friends? I am a 27 yr old SAHM with a 2 yr old boy and an 4 yr old girl. I've been married for 5 years.

lovinhoney

Asked by lovinhoney at 8:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Maybe join a group.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I am a 26yr old mother of a 6 1/2 yr old daughter. And have been married going on two years. We live in NorthEast Pennsylvania.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 8:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Hi lovinhoney!

Go to Mom Search and type in something that is an interest of yours, or something you would like to have in common with someone else. For some it's a hobby ("scrapbooking") for others it might be religion ("Jewish") or it might be a part of your parenting ("breastfeeding") or your outside job ("lawyer" or "law")... or just an interest you have ("environment")... then you can check out the profiles that list that as an interest or belief, and see if you want to invite them to be your friend.

Also, you can join groups that are about something interesting to you, and if you see posts from a mama that you enjoy or agree with, and you check out their profile and find them someone you'd like to have as a friend - send them an invite!

Once you get the swing of things here, it can be addictive! Welcome and good luck!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 8:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• You can join groups that are about things that interest you. Try finding out that has a small number of people in it. You can send me a message and I'll send you a link to a group that I am in that has a lot of really sweet people in it that are just looking to have fun and chat. I made a lot of friends by answering questions in this section as well. As long as you are nice you'll do just fine!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• hello, nice to meet you, I'm Jessi, I'm 23 yrs old. Have a 15 month old DD.
    What are some of your interests?
    ex. where do you like to travel?
    where do you live?
    what are you into politically?
    what religion are you?
    any hobbies?

just by posting some of this information, or looking up groups that fit your personality matching these questions will help you make friends that share your interests.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Hi, Lovinhoney. Welcome to the CafeMom! Stay with it long enough, you'll make some friends. I'm Valerie. I live in the southwestern part of the U.S. I've been married 20 years and have three teens. Enjoy!
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2009