Spin off of the pro-life/PA question...

From the answers I read in the pro-life/PA question, it seems as if a woman gets pregnant because she had sex (with or without protection), it's their "fault" because she knew the consequences of "spreading her legs", as some have put it. If the government has a say what I can or cannot do with my body, when will men have to cough up some of their reproductive rights? Hey, it takes two to tango folks, and a woman can't get pregnant by themselves! (okay, excluding IVF, etc..) If the father can't help raise or pay for the child, should they be allowed to continue to go out and get other women pregnant??? I have yet to hear of many men getting thrown in jail or even their drivers license revoked for not paying child support!
To be clear, this question is not about when life begins, or if abortion is right or wrong. It's about equality. What are your thoughts?? I would appreciate no bashing please.

dragonfly7271

Asked by dragonfly7271 at 8:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I've long believed everyone should be on MANDATORY birth control. reversible only upon completion of a parenting course and exam.

Men AND women. YES, the guys bear EQUAL responsibility.

Alternately...we oughta see about creating an artificial womb for men who don't want their babies to be aborted. If they want the baby, let 'em carry it.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:16 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Another Question: When can a father have a legal say in the child a woman wants to abort? Afterall, it does take two to tango...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• btw, I didn't take part in the "spreading her legs" portion of the previous question. I still stand to my original answer of that particular question. I am just adding on to the "equality" question.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Understood grlygrlz2 - you make a good point.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 8:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• If more women would pull their heads out of their arses, they would realize that the cute scumbag they are going to bed with won't make a good father. And if he won't make a good father there is no reason to be in bed with him to begin with. It's more about self esteem,morals, good upbringing and self control.
    Lay with dogs, get your check.
    If the dog you're laying with don't have a job, you're not getting child support out of him anyway.
    Men usually aren't left to be responsible for the child's raising, so women need to be more self motivated to better themselves without a man before having sex for attention. And the days of trapping one are over.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 8:16 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Men should have more responsiblity in this matter. It does take two to tango, but this will not change in a society dominated mostly by men.
    Anonymous

• the father does not have a right to tell you what to do with your body...my husband was very supportive and told me its my choice...this was when we were younger and living at home, financially unstable. He knew better than to try to tell me what to do
    Anonymous

• "If more women would pull their heads out of their arses, they would realize that the cute scumbag they are going to bed with won't make a good father. And if he won't make a good father there is no reason to be in bed with him to begin with."

uhh...so I should only sleep with men who I think will make a good father? what year is this? Tell that to teens
    Anonymous

• Prostitutes have a better handle on the situation than most women. If you don't have the money to pay you don't get to use the facilities. I am with you on this one. The fact is that we have women having children without male support and then depend upon PA. Why? Because they are sleeping with any man that comes down the pike. Women need to make better choices and get some self respect. They need to realize that they aren't just choosing a man for themselves, but they are also making a choice as to who will be the father of their children. If a guy isn't responsible for himself and can't take care of himself financially, then he isn't going to be the type who is capable of supporting a child. Why do women let themselves become meal tickets for scum and then force their children to live in poverty. I agree that a lot more should be done to guaranty these deadbeats pay child support and women should have to file for it.
    Anonymous

• "Prostitutes have a better handle on the situation than most women."

I really doubt it!
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2009