Stripped membranes?

Hey all..was having awful contractions since last night, and my doctor told me to come in to L&D this morning. Long story short, I'm back at home (baby still in belly ): ) but they stripped my membranes. For any of you ladies out there who underwent the same, how long did it take afterward for you to go into labor?

As an aside, today was my due date...*sigh* So I'm a full 40 weeks.

Reulia

Asked by Reulia at 8:06 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I went into labor 5 days after they did that and i was 2 days past my due date.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 8:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Literally right away. I was in the same boat, and I was 40 weeks, and I had my doctor's appt. at 11:30 am and I immediately felt horrible as I was leaving the office. I went home did paper work, walked the dog, did laundry,picked up my contacts all while I was in extreme pain, and by 4:00pm I was in the hospital in active labor.
    MandyT1021

Answer by MandyT1021 at 8:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I had it done twice and it didnt work for me. And it hurt so badly when they done it. Totally not worth it!
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 8:26 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I HAD AN APPT AT LIKE 10AM AND SHE STRIPED MY MEMBRANES AND I WNT INTO LABOR ABOT 6PM THAT SAME DAY AND HAD MY BABY AT 3AM
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I had that done at around 330pm with my last one...by midnight my plug fell out...by 4am i was in full blown labor...sometimes it works sometimes it dont...it all depends.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 10:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2009