At what age did your child/children get off the bottle?

My DD is 14 months and still has a bottle a night. My mom told me that both my sister and i didnt get off of it until we were close to 2 years old. Should i be concerned?

MrsSpecialistB

Asked by MrsSpecialistB at 8:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 3 year old was off her bottle at 11 months. She thought she had to be a big girl before her time.lol
    breezy2005

Answer by breezy2005 at 8:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My 6 year old was off by 11 months as well. But it's not uncommon for kids to be 2 and still have a bottle at night. The thing to worry about is tooth decay when giving them a bottle at night at that age.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 8:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• i have 5 kids they were between the ages of 10 mos. and 14 mos.
    silly7

Answer by silly7 at 8:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• my son is 12months and i still have him on the bottle...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 8:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• i'd get off it now. my son was just over 12 months when we took it away. daddy had been getting up with him, then i started getting up and within 3 nights we were done with nighttime feeding/waking altogether. he also went off the paci around this time. a simple "all gone" and again within 3 nights we were good to go.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Throw them away. They should be gone by 12 months. My DD's was gone at 12 months and so will my sons.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:15 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• At 14 months, I went cold turkey and went straight to cups for my DD. No problems for her!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 9:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My dd just turned a year old last month and I just got her off of the bottle. It is a hard situation because you don't want your child to be upset but in the long run it is for the best to get them off now. Does your dd drink from a cup?
    momofthree28

Answer by momofthree28 at 9:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• With my boys( 3 &2) During lunch I would try and give them a sippy cup for a few days. The first weeks are hard!!!!! Slowly, at 10 mths they BOTH started to drink from the sippy cup. My next motive was to try it at night. Night were really rough. Because, I had been threw this already with my first child I knew what to expected with the second .  Overall they were DONE with the bottles at 11mths.

MommyMommy25

Answer by MommyMommy25 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• all my kids got sippy cups and big kid cups for thier 1st b-dadys all the bottles went away that day.
    shanna01

Answer by shanna01 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2009