are u very anxouis about been a new mom for the first time

first time mom

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yea
    Anonymous

• I was so anxious the first time around I had several panic attacks and landed in the ER. I am sooo disappointed now that I missed all of the fun ..because I worried so much. My second pregnancy was pure heaven. Hope you relax enough to really take it all in...you are making beautiful memories...savor it!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Yes. We had just moved to New York City, family & friends were all in California. But reading books was a BIG help ! GREAT BOOKS: A Child is Born:Pregnancy, Birth & early Childhood by Dr. zurLinden, Conception Birth and Early Childhood by Dr.N Glas, and Birth Without Violence by Dr. Leboyer. Also rent the video The Business of Being Born or go to their website to get informed about the huge benefits of having a midwife's guidance. I read these books, followed their advice for food, herb teas & exercise, and my birth was incredibly easy. My next two were even easier. (I swear by raspberry leaf tea for toning the uterus and having an easy labor!) Anxiety comes from not knowing. Read up. And especially get together with a midwife. Becoming a mother is more empowering than you can imagine until you do it. And it is incredibly fun - both taking care of yourself during pregnancy and loving your amazing baby. Congratulations, and welcome to the sisterhood!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I was very nervous about being a new mom. I think everyone is. I worried about EVERYTHING, from breastfeeding, to pooping to runny noses, sneezing, sleeping, peeing, you name it I worried about it. After a couple of months, I realized that the baby didn't know that I didn't know what I was doing and that everything WASN'T a four alarm fire and that I was probably driving the pediatrician's office nurse crazy with all my questions. Whenever I had my second baby, I was MUCH more relaxed. Just try and relax and realize that babies aren't as fragile as you think they are, their heads won't fall off and they won't explode! Enjoy the little moments because they pass so quickly!! Congratulations new mom!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:04 PM on Jun. 20, 2008