How much did you Spend throwing a Baby Shower?

I'm throwing one for a good friend, and I'm just curious as to how much you spent on the one you hosted? I have a feeling it's going to cost me around $200-$250 from what I've already bought and mine is a small shower. Around 8 people total.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 8 people and you have spent alot so far? eek! idk i had 85 at mine and the people that threw it spend less than 100 bucks...
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 8:46 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Well, it's my present to her and I'm the only one throwing it. It's going to be a nice shower. I bought the decorations and supplies I needed, and I still need to buy a small cake, make a diaper cake, and get some things to make finger foods. I might be able to do it for under $200, but mine is at lunch time so I'm going to have chicken fingers, I'm making pigs in a blanket, key lime cheese ball, and some fruit and punch. Oh, and I have to buy small prizes for games we're having. I always tend to go a little overboard I think :) I was hoping not to spend too much, but oh well.
    Anonymous

• For my sister, I spent about $300. My mother-n-law helped out with some of the expenses too.
    JenaElliott

Answer by JenaElliott at 8:53 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• It depends on how fancy you go. Finger foods are can be fairly cheap if you buy the meat and stuff on sale. You can also try outlet stores and the dollar stores for decorations. My baby shower cost my family $50 and we had 20 people. We did chips, finger foods, drinks and then everything else but the gifts were from the dollar store or party outlet store. You can do prizes from the dollar store as well or find things in your home you don't use or haven't used. Usually the gift goes to the mother to be from the showers I have been to. you could save money and bake a small cake and use the wal mart brand rolls and cut the hot dogs in half to make more food for you money. Try Aldies or Save a Lot for the chicken fingers or sams club or whatever bulk place you have.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• i haven't done a baby shower but i did my sisters bridal shower this summer, i spent about $400-$500 and she had about 20 people there. i probably went a little overboard but she loved it and shes my baby sister so what can i say?
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:55 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I have not thrown a baby shower but I have thrown a couple bridal showers. It was about 150 with gift. About 12 people came. Just remember that you are only having 8 people, dont go overboard on the food or you will have a ton left.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 8:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• oh i wasn't trying to pick...but mine was really nice i had 2 cakes, punch and really nice gifts for the game winners from bath and body works..good luck!
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 9:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Oh I know you weren't :) I was just trying to explain my cost. I also had to buy some cheap platters for food, but I can re-use those in the future. I'm just trying to figure out how to keep the cost down now since I still have to buy stuff for a diaper cake, finger foods, and prizes. I would like to keep all that under $100.
    Anonymous

• I paid for almost everything. The 'host' only bought me a gift and helped decorate and send out invites and my mom pitched in on the food and had it at her home.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2009