what is cosiderd bad food for pregnant women to eat?

ClowysMommy

Asked by ClowysMommy at 9:02 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• raw fish, meat not cooked to at least med well, soft cheeses, tunafish, ummm those are the major ones i can think of. if you haven't gone to your first prenatal apointment they normally give you a list then. or you can go to whattoexpect.com and they have all kinds of articles there, they also have a due date calculator and you can type in your due date or last menstrual and it will give you info each week on baby and you
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• anything under the sun depending on the dr..lol... seriously though, it varies from dr. to dr, year to year. one year it's ok to eat lunchmeat the next it's not... as ;long as you aren't chugging beer on a daily basis whil smoking your pack a day it should be good to go. just talk to your dr. about what the do's and don't are:)
    Anonymous

• EVERYTHING! =] I actually go with the thought that most things are safe in moderation. I know we aren't supposed to have sushi, but I also know the body craves things for a reason so I've had sushi twice since I've been pregnant. I've been smart about it and chosen cooked sushi, and I understand that the hesitation is the freshness and possible contamination of the fish. The same goes for unpasteurized cheese, it may contain harmful bacteria so its safer to stay away from that too. A little bit of caffeine is ok, I think my dr said no more than 600 mg/day, and theres 50mg in a typical soda. I persnoally dont like the jitters so I only have coffee if I really want it. The big thing with my dr was cold lunch meat. She said that if I have lunch meat to warm it up first, so toast it at Subway, because it can contain lysteria which can be potentially fatal to mom and baby. Hope that helps a little bit!
    TColeman0214

Answer by TColeman0214 at 9:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Yep, no deli meat, unless it is steaming... :) Raw foods, any fish high in mercury including shark, swordfish, and tuna... If you want tuna, just do not eat it more than two times a week or so.... Every once in a while is good, for the fish oils, but do not eat it everyday....

Besides things like alcohol and drugs and smoking, I can't think of anything that is horrible for the baby, but many things have risks that you have to weigh.... Such as the previous things....
    angelmama081007

Answer by angelmama081007 at 6:55 PM on Apr. 14, 2009