How long did it take you to lose weight naturally with you breastfeeding?

My family has planned a beach vacation about a month after my due date. Someone said they was gonna buy me a bathingsuit. I don't want to be out there hoochy looking with all my stretch marks showing a rolls galore lol Someone told me to pick out a bathing suit as a goal for what I want to fit in but I dont wanna be ridiculous and grab a medium if there is no way that Im gonna be in it. It would be a waste of money. So reasonably, I was 127 when I got preg. and now I am 172, I only have one week left and the baby is due....so honestly how much weight do you loose if you are breastfeeding within about a months time?

MalakiahsMommy

Asked by MalakiahsMommy at 9:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• 3 weeks and I was back down to my pre baby body. hooray for breastfeeding!!
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• you might get down to 152. U have to remember that the baby and water and plasenta will be out so that will help. but make sure u are eating right. I lost my weight pretty fast. but a month is not a lot of time. u prob cant even exercise till then.
    mtkelley

Answer by mtkelley at 9:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Breastfeeding doesn't help you lose weight (if you are eating right). That is false unless you were over eating when you were pregnant. It helps your uterus go back faster. You have to consume even more calories when you are breastfeeding than when you were pregnant. If you have a high metabolism, you might get back to your prebaby weight, if you don't, forget it. I was 125lbs when I got pregnant and I had my baby two months ago and breastfed, I only lost two pounds. Since I've stopped breastfeeding, I've lost another 10lbs. If you are going to breasfeed don't worry about your weight. To many breastfeeding moms try to diet while breastfeeding and the babies don't grow and develop like they should. It's called "failure to thrive". I'm sure your postbaby body will be beautiful. Learn to love your new mom body for now. :)

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I gained 64lbs while pregnant. Within a month, I lost between 20-25lbs. Its been very slow going since then. The way I see it is... as long as you are holding a new baby, nobody is going to look "down" on your PostPartum body. Its taken a lot of getting used to, and now Im used to seeing all my stretch marks and flab in the mirror. I know it will take more time to get rid of. Like the othe poster said, learn to love your new body.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 9:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Some moms gain, some lose.

I lost EVERY OUNCE in the first six weeks...because I never got to eat. Just drink. When I was finally able to eat again, I regained every ounce plus interest.

Let me be honest? A month in, you won't be spending much time in the water or on the beach. You'll be somewhere out of the sun with baby on the breast. About 16 hours a day. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 11:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• thanks for all the answers so far. My cousin got pregnant and within no time after the baby was born she dropped all her weight (she wasn't breastfeeding) and so my family picks on me sayin im chunky and all this other stuff. I know they're just playin but that def. doesn't make me want to go lay out in a bathing suit any quicker. You'd just have to know my family.
    MalakiahsMommy

Answer by MalakiahsMommy at 8:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2009