• In the Spotlight:

Would you stay or go?

Right now~ at this point of your relationship, no matter if everything is all good or what~ if your SO told you they were cheating on you (but they said they still love you and want to stay together and blah blah blah) , would you leave them or stay and try to work it out. (Simply curious)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Honestly it depends on if it was an affair or a one night stand. An affair, hell no my bags are already packed before he spits out an apology. A one night stand, well I would probably still leave but with the option of going to counseling and working it out in the near future.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 9:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I would leave. My SO has cheated on me once and it was a mistake we talked and it is fine now but if the situation had been different and he had been sober when it happened and told me it was happening more often then one time I would leave.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 9:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• if my husband cheated on me and told me he still loved me and wanted to stay together hell no i would leave once a cheater always a cheater yes i would leave him and take my daughter with me and file for divorce the next day
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• cheating is not something thats easy to forget or forgive. I think I would have to take some time away from him to really think it through.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 9:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• There would have to be a separation right now, even if not forever. There's too much going on in your mind and heart to be able to make a clear decision when it all in your face like that. You [general] gotta separate yourself, get your mind wrapped around it all, get over the shock and get better in touch with how you really feel before making a snap decision to just blindly stay because he wants you too.... that's too much to ask right off the bat.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I'm Out!!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 10:06 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• go
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Honestly, if it had been an ongoing thing I would kick him out and divorce...but one night, I don't know, probably work on it and go to counseling and things. It would be hard to gain trust again but...
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 10:16 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My SO cheated on me and we decided to try and work through it, sometimes i feel like "why am i even putting myself through this torture?" its painful and those bad thoughts creep up outta nowhere! and now im scared that hes gonna cheat again. it really depends on how you feel about him! I gave mine a second chance because I love him with all my heart and I feel that he truly is sorry we took counseling and that seemed to help... a little
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 10:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• i'd pray, talk it out, get counseling, and decide if i could really handle being with somebody who cheated on me.
    Anonymous